Calories for these stats

Options
How many calories should someone consume with these stats?
Height: 5'5
Weight: approx 158

Asking for my mom, MFP put her at 1300 cal, but I think she should be eating more. Her exercise mostly includes walking 30 min most days of the week.

Replies

• Mmarcos
    Options
    How many calories should someone consume with these stats?
    Height: 5'5
    Weight: approx 158

Asking for my mom, MFP put her at 1300 cal, but I think she should be eating more. Her exercise mostly includes walking 30 min most days of the week.
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Have her add in her exersize on mfp and it will add those calories in but yeah that's probubly about right.
  • chantybear
    Options
    It all depends how much weight she wants to lose, and how quickly. I would suggest leave it at 1300, and add the walking as exercise, and she should eat those calories as well.
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    to maintain 158 I got 1850....
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    She is not trying to maintain though is she? She is trying to lose weight, i weight 155 right now and mine are at 1200, I am only 24 though so hers might be higher because of that mine is also set to 2 lbs a week, so that makes a difference too.
  • Mmarcos
    Options
    Yeah she is trying to lose. I'm not sure how many lbs her MFP is set for/week. I'm just confused because most other calorie calculators come out with a higher calorie intake per day

For example according to the Harris Benedict formula her stats come out like this:
    Maintenance:
    2060 Calories/day
    Fat Loss:
    1648 Calories/day
    Extreme Fat Loss:
    1264 Calories/day

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm#

Maybe it is the lbs/week setting, I will have to check it.
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    It looks to me like she is probably set for 2lbs per week.