Heart Rate Monitor

Options
I am looking to get one that is kind of in between--not cheap, not the best (expensive). Anyone have any good tips?

Replies

• rkr22401
    rkr22401 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Polar FT60 or FT40
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the Polar FT60... Seemed the best bet in the mid range. $129 shipped.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    I just got a Polar RS100 for Christmas and it does everything I would've expected for around the $100 mark. It's comparable to the FT60. Based on Polar's naming scheme, the FT models are for general Fitness activities while the RS models are primarily for Running (but also work just fine for any gym/cardio work) and the CS models are for Cycling.

The RS100 will beep to help keep you within a predetermined % range as well as calculate the calorie burn for an exercise session. It does more, but those are the two main functions most people look for.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    After ALOT of research I just got the FT60 off of heartratemonitors.com At checkout if you put on the promo code: Polar You get a 5% discount so it comes out to around 112 bucks.....
  • TWood10
    TWood10 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Love all the info..thanks so much!!!
  • Nancy_AZ60
    Nancy_AZ60 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Just bought the Polar FT60 from heartratemonitors.com The 5% off PROMO code: POLAR still works.. Price is now $132 out the door with freeshipping.