Hello Newbie Here

Options
Hi There,

wow where to begin, I'm 38 years young and so desperately need to lose weight, a friend recommended this site to me so I have bitten the bullet and joined up.
I would hate to guess the amount of money I have spent on potions, lotions, pills, powders, books and websites and I have not gotten any thinner, just fatter, so I am going to pretty much follow a healthy diet of no soda, no processed foods, I want to eat as close to natural as possible.
So here's to a new year and a new beginning I hope to make friends and get and give a lot of support here, best of luck everyone

Replies

• GroovyGma73
    Options
    Would love some friends to encourage and visa versa :flowerforyou:
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Best of luck on your journey! Add me if you would like.
  • anshaw03
    anshaw03 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Between my mom, my aunt, and myself, we have definitely tried every potion and trick in the book and none of us are any healthier for it! I am trying to workout 3-4x a week and eat more fruits and veggies! Can I add you?
  • Aidensmommy726
    Aidensmommy726 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey! I Just started last week myself and so far i've lost 2lbs! We all can definately do this if we put our minds to it. Please add me so we can do this together! :O) I am hoping to get down to 165. Currently i'm 233, started at 235. Good Luck with your journey and remember you are NOT alone! :)
  • newme201213
    newme201213 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hello Newbie,

Nice to see your post and to know you have joined this today.
    I have also joined this today. I have used other food journals before, but not this one.
    I found this very simple and good for me and hence started using.
    Its good to know that you have started eating good foods, do not give up once again on this new y ear.
    weightloss is all about dedication and hardwork and I am willing to start this again.

Well, to say I weighted exactly the same as I am now on dec 31st 2010, I started my weightloss journey from Jan 2011 and lost around 10 to 15 pounds by june 2011, ( i got married in June and looked perfect and hence my dedication)
    After marriage i neglected gym and changed my food routine, so here I am once again back to what I was 1 year back)
    So i have started my diet once again and hoping to lose 20 pounds this time.

welcome to board and keep going. Do enter whatever you eat to your food journey to be on track.
  • newme201213
    Options
    How did you loose 21lbs on 1 WEEK!!! Thats crazy...
  • courtgosvener
    courtgosvener Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a request! Good luck on your journey! i have logged almost every single day for over 6 weeks! It's addictive! This is the first time I have ever stuck to a "program" this long! I have lost 20 lbs in 12 weeks!
  • beyg
    beyg Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    you can add me. Learn how your body processes food and you will have results. mostly have fun!!
  • nursegnet
    nursegnet Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you too!
  • twest109
    twest109 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    hi Iam new to this also....I don't know how to friend people so let me know if you know how....I ready for a new start for myself..not just because its new years....I need to feel better and look better for me...:)
  • xonashwaox
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! The first step is the hardest and you already did it!! This place has a great support system!! :flowerforyou:
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you! Glad to hear you're giving up on the "fads" and doing the "real" thing!
  • newme201213
    Options
    Hi,

I am 27 from USA.
    I have joined this today to track my food and be motivated always.
    I am 162 pounds and would like to be 140 by April.
    Please add me if you are also looking for a friend to track and motivate each other...
  • GroovyGma73
    Options
    Thank you all so much for welcoming me to MFP I cant wait to make friends, laugh together maybe shed a few tears and support and motivate one another, best of luck in all your journeys no matter how big all small
  • LenL
    LenL Posts: 17
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I just joined recently and find this site to be very helpful. I know you'll do great. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • dietkix
    Options
    Yayy, you go girl.. gonna eat healthy and train insane :wink: