40 years old today

Options
2»

Replies

• bigtwagner
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Add me if you'd like always looking for extra friends to keep me moving.
  • DeanLite
    Options
    Happy Birthday, That is a bad way to feel on y our birthday. You will love your 40's they are a womans greatest years. This is a food addiction that you must stay determined to beat. On this site we understand and we are all doing this together. My goal is 45 pounds. Lets stop being ashamed and be determined.
  • operavagabond
    operavagabond Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! :)
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Add me!!! Welcome to the 40's..... I'm 41:flowerforyou:
  • mommamindi
    Options
    Happy birthday! You share a birthday with my oldest daughter :) She just turned 6!
  • tsjourney
    tsjourney Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!! I am turning 49 in a couple of weeks and just realized I will be 50 next year. My son's graduation is this coming May and I feel the same way about being fit and not embarrassing him, although he's pretty cool about things. It bothers me. Just exercising with this new kinect is really difficult for me, can't believe how out of shape I am! Doing a campus tour at a college a month ago was a huge eye opener! So, that being said, we have to get this weight off and become healthy again! I am currently at 258 and would be glad to help motivate you - I am becoming a firm believer of this logging thing, it has helped me tremendously to lose 12 lbs, even during the holidays!
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    I'll add you - with a combination of vigilant calorie counting and exercise I'm sure you can reach your goal!
  • MindyJoann
    MindyJoann Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! What a great 40th present to give yourself! When I read your post I immediately related! I have been in hiding from anyone who knew me in high school, college or my twenties. Up until recently I wouldn't even let current pictures of me be posted on Facebook, etc. because it made me cringe to think that someone from my past would see it. I am getting better about that because I have two teenage daughters and I see them picking up my habit of putting myself down and having no confidence. I don't want my girls to feel that way about themselves because they watched me do it. So little by little, I am making peace with who and what I am in the present and I am trying to embrace a healthy lifestyle for the future! I think so many of us are in the same boat, we have started over so many times. But the success in that is that we have continued to try instead of giving up once and for all. You can do this. My oldest daughter will also graduate in 2013. Like you, I would like to look nice in the pictures. For once, I would like to look, on the outside, how I feel on the inside! Go for it!! :smile:
  • curvy_ca_mama
    curvy_ca_mama Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I'm in a very similar boat. I turned 40 over the summer and never imagined that I would need to lose at least 100lbs. I'm happy to help and support.

Erica :)