Back for the new year

Options
I have not been on in a long time (several months since I've logged in on a regular basis). For the most part, I have maintained my weight loss (staying within 1-2 pounds of lowest weight) but unable to lose anymore, but this last couple weeks during the holidays I have went completely off the rails. I really need to get back to the point of practicing good habits such as increasing water intake, increasing fiber, increasing activity, and decreasing grazing type eating patterns. Anyway, I know that keeping the journal here on MFP helped in the past, so why is it so hard to start up again? Hope you all did better over the holidays than I did. Merry Christmas and Happy New year.

Replies

• annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    starting a new thing is hard no matter what it is, new relationship, job, baby, etc. a new eating program requires work and dedication. we get lazy and think hey i got this and then the weight starts coming back as we get into old eating habits. just start logging again every day. i dont care if you ate 2000 cal over for the day, log it. log your water, log your exercise. get on and read some articles or blogs and then read some more. turn this new attitude for health into your hobby as many others have on here (hint hint lol) add people to your list who have the same goals or have been successful in reaching the same goals that you are trying to reach. it will take a couple of months, yes i said months, to get back into the good habits you used to have so be patient. and dont get too serious with the whole thing. take your time, enjoy your food, just get extra exercise if you want to eat a "cheat" food.its good to have something that you really want to eat about once a wk. just log that sucker and good luck to you! oh and fill out your profile so people have a way of knowing what your goals are