2011 - My Year of Great Change

This time last year I was tearing my wardrobe apart trying to find something, anything that I could wear to a New Year's Eve dance. Nothing fitted. I refused to buy anything new because it was so hard to find anything that fitted. My knees ached. It was hot. I knew I would be the biggest person in the hall and I knew that at one point during the evening everyone would be looking at me because New Year's Eve is also my birthday and the band always sings Happy Birthday.

Fast forward three and a half months and I'm in hospital preparing for surgery to have a gastric lapband. Fast forward to today and I have lost 53kg, and just completed a 53 km ride with my husband and friends - wearing actual cycling shorts! Tomorrow we're off to a New Year's Eve rock and roll dance where I'll be wearing a lovely new sequined top that I went out and bought especially. I hope everyone will look at me and think, wow, she looks pretty damn good for 48, cos that's how I'll be feeling.

2011 has been my year of great change because I made a major decision to reclaim my life and I am winning.

2012 will be my year of consolidation. Another 10kg or so to lose and then maintain. My son will wed in April. My husband and I will ride the Great Victorian Bike Ride in November and all year long we will continue to hit the dance floor, pound the pavement, cycle the highways and by-ways, and swim endless. I will get off my final blood pressure tablet and continue to enjoy improved health.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!