Something must be working

Options
jdelisle
jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
So my husband is out of town this weekend and I'm all by my lonesome so I'm having a 'Jacqueline' night... I rented some old romance movies I haven't seen before (it could happen to you, city of angels) surpassed the urge to buy the movie theater popcorn (mmm popcorn) and I bought oranges, almonds and Perrier instead of junk food! Yay me!

I got a raise today too! I was having a really hard week and its review time this time each year. Due to the economy I wasn't expecting much but my boss pleasantly surprised me! He gave me all sorts of praise as well (and he is a man of VERY few words), what a great day!

I kind of wanted to celebrate a bit but am so happy that I didn't do it with food this time!!!:happy:

Replies

• jdelisle
    Options
    So my husband is out of town this weekend and I'm all by my lonesome so I'm having a 'Jacqueline' night... I rented some old romance movies I haven't seen before (it could happen to you, city of angels) surpassed the urge to buy the movie theater popcorn (mmm popcorn) and I bought oranges, almonds and Perrier instead of junk food! Yay me!

I got a raise today too! I was having a really hard week and its review time this time each year. Due to the economy I wasn't expecting much but my boss pleasantly surprised me! He gave me all sorts of praise as well (and he is a man of VERY few words), what a great day!

I kind of wanted to celebrate a bit but am so happy that I didn't do it with food this time!!!:happy:
  • mom24qties
    Options
    Hooray for you!! I know it is hard not to celebrate with food, so that was extra good for you!! Congrats on the great review and raise at work also!!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    YEAH!!!! For you! :flowerforyou:

Congratulations on your raise but more importantly taking care of you in a healthy way! :smile:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Way to go. :drinker:
  • johnblake
    Options
    I love popcorn..............I have a hot air popper and put olive oil and season salt, almost everynight
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

what a day you had...and you rewarded yourself with healthy stuff! what a day...and its Friday,,,,you win!
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I love popcorn..............I have a hot air popper and put olive oil and season salt, almost everynight

What does a hot air popper look like, 'cause I had a hankerin' for popcorn the other night. We don't own a microwave and the only other popcorn I found was in the old fashioned aluminum 1980's pan that you shake on the stove. The popcorn came out orange-yellow and there was trans fat stuff in it. It really killed the craving, let me tell ya.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    good for you! to have a + review, a raise, HEALTHY treats, and pampering with sweet movies--how wonderful for you!
    enjoy your weekend :flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options

What does a hot air popper look like, 'cause I had a hankerin' for popcorn the other night. We don't own a microwave and the only other popcorn I found was in the old fashioned aluminum 1980's pan that you shake on the stove. The popcorn came out orange-yellow and there was trans fat stuff in it. It really killed the craving, let me tell ya.

presto-hot-air-popcorn-maker.jpg
  • jdelisle
    Options
    Thanks everybody, you are all so sweet! :flowerforyou:
  • johnblake
    Options

thank u
  • jennib06
    jennib06 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    City of Angels is a FANTASTIC movie! And the soundtrack is just as good! I hope you loved it and congrats on your awesome day!
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all aspects! Hope you enjoyed the movies!! and food ;)
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options

Oh we used to have one of those...and that was probably in the 80's. It's a good idea though!!

Thanks for the visual.:happy:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats, that is awesome, keep up the great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!