does anyone know what foods i should be avoiding to get a fl

Options
my stomach is my biggest problem,im always bloated! :( i've cut down my white bread intake but it hasnt helped hugely! my stomach is also where i carry most of my fat,id love to have a flat tummy for the summer so i can actually enjoy going to the beach and wearing a bikini instead of looking at everyone else in their bikini's and feeling depressed :) thanks x

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the stomach is the last thing to go in most women.

Best advice I can give is:
    Eat at a calorie deficit
    Do a combo of cardio/strength training
    Watch the sodium
    Drink lots of water
  • MLeigh18
    MLeigh18 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    my stomach is my biggest problem,im always bloated! :( i've cut down my white bread intake but it hasnt helped hugely! my stomach is also where i carry most of my fat,id love to have a flat tummy for the summer so i can actually enjoy going to the beach and wearing a bikini instead of looking at everyone else in their bikini's and feeling depressed :) thanks x

1. stop eating white bread.
    2. stop eating anything white that's processed.
    3. Eat ONLY whole grains, if you must eat grains at all.
    4. I would recommend cutting grains out completely.

It's difficult to cut grains out completely, some people can do it, I on the other hand choose not to because it's the easiest source of fiber and iron for me. So I will have grains once or twice a week. Like a sandwich or some pasta. But keep it limited.

I used to eat bread, all the time. like seriously, every day at every meal. And when i'd stress, I'd eat warm bread with butter. Since cutting my grain intake a little over a month ago I've noticed a significant change in my stomach, from bloating to plain old stubborn belly fat. Granted i've got a lot of work let to do, I've got loaves of bread sitting on my love handles from all the previous years of bread induced meals but like I said, it's only been 6 weeks and I've noticed a dramatic change.

Good luck hope this helps.

Also, @dad106 has excellent advice as well.
  • jeckyb
    jeckyb Posts: 60
    Options
    thanks :) its gonna be so tough but im going to try and cut out all grains! bye bye morning toast :(
  • Canbfit4life
    Options
    Cut your process breads,frieds foods out, drink plenty of water,eat plenty fibrr make sure you're having bowl movements daily ...add weightlifting & cardio to your workouts
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    thanks :) its gonna be so tough but im going to try and cut out all grains! bye bye morning toast :(

You don't have to cut out all grains.. I personally don't, and I've got a pretty flat stomach.

I eat toast every morning and sometimes a sandwich for lunch and I do just fine.. but it's up to you.
  • jrn246
    jrn246 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There's also a chance that you have a food allergy or intolerance, primary symptoms of which are bloating, gassiness, and stomach discomfort. Most people have an intolerance but go their whole lives thinking that it must be normal because they always feel this way until they find out and remove the food from their diet- I know I did with gluten/wheat.

So if the above tips don't help, try an elimination diet. For about 2 weeks remove one major allergen from your diet like lactose, gluten/wheat, or eggs and see how you feel. If you feel better, then you know to avoid those foods. According to You on a Diet, it helps with food cravings and weight loss too since you're digestion system isn't constantly stressed out with food it doesn't agree with.

If you want more info check out this webMD link or just google "food intolerance" or "elimination diets" :)

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/allergies-elimination-diet
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    It's unclear to me whether you're trying to deal with bloating, or fat, or both.

For fat, you just need to lose weight all over.

For bloating, drink plenty of water, and get plenty of fiber. Also, if you have constipation issues, try eating a little more fat. Then try cutting out foods one at a time, e.g. wheat, dairy, etc.. (Wheat and dairy are two really common problem foods.) If you cut out a food for a couple of weeks, and your bloating goes away, try reintroducing the food and see if the bloating returns. If you don't see a difference, or the problem isn't totally resolved, move on to the next food. That way you have a better idea of exactly what the issue is. It would suck to cut out all grains, if really you only needed to cut out wheat. Also, keep in mind that in some cases you can get away with small amounts of a food without a problem. Personally, I can eat a couple of servings of wheat a week, if I eat more than that, I get gas, but as long as I don't eat much, it's not a problem.

Also, if you don't have a lot of fat on your stomach, but you're still kinda flabby, then you may need to strengthen your abs--but this will only work if you're skinny-fat.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    There's also a chance that you have a food allergy or intolerance, primary symptoms of which are bloating, gassiness, and stomach discomfort. Most people have an intolerance but go their whole lives thinking that it must be normal because they always feel this way until they find out and remove the food from their diet- I know I did with gluten/wheat.

So if the above tips don't help, try an elimination diet. For about 2 weeks remove one major allergen from your diet like lactose, gluten/wheat, or eggs and see how you feel. If you feel better, then you know to avoid those foods. According to You on a Diet, it helps with food cravings and weight loss too since you're digestion system isn't constantly stressed out with food it doesn't agree with.

If you want more info check out this webMD link or just google "food intolerance" or "elimination diets" :)

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/allergies-elimination-diet

Said it better than I did, while I was writing.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    [/quote

Whole grains are healthy. You do not need to cut them out to get a flat stomach. You just need to lose fat and exercise your core.