New Breastfeeding Mom looking for support

Options
Hello! I'm new to MFP and would definitely like to lose this baby fat before my daughter turns 1 in July. I'm still breastfeeding and would like to lose the weight in a healthy way without interfering with my milk production. It's just so tiring and makes me hungry all the time. And having a 5 year old at home also doesn't help anything...lol!

Replies

• leabobia
    leabobia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a new 2 month old and am in the same exact boat!
  • nadiaez
    nadiaez Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi there me too....I am pretty much exhausted most of the time...my little one is 1 in May and I am hoping to keep breastfeeding for as long as she wants it xx
  • zendarah
    zendarah Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water and juice, i found that really helped me when I was breastfeeding full time.

Also, I still breastfeed my 19mo daughter, although that gravy train will be cut off soon. i hope.
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    First of all, Congrats!! Nursing and having another little one running around is fun, but exhausting. Eat plenty of good fats (like almonds, nut butters etc). Eat lots of protein & veggies. Don't make any changes drastically to your diet...gradually ease through them. Drink Mother's Milk Tea if you notice things dipping slightly with your supply. You can also add your bf calories into your food diary (do a search in the food database, it'll come up) . Most of all, relax. Enjoy this time with your baby. Soon enough it will be over. I have a 7 yr old,a 3 yr old & a 13 mo old (who just finished weaning). Feel free to add me as a friend.
    Also, watch out for gassy veggies (broccoli, cabbage etc), don't want a grumpy baby cause you're trying to eat healthy :tongue:
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Im still breastfeeding my 13 month old son as well. Im actually lucky, as it helps me lose weight, but not everyone is like that.
    Make sure you drink enough and eat enough nutritious food. Don't drastically cut calories! Just cut a little and start working out and strength training. You will lose! Mfp has a breastfeeding tab in the food database. Just type breastfeeding into your food diary and select the one which applies to you. It will automatically add those calories in as if it were exercise so that you can eat them back!
  • angel2296
    angel2296 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have been absent from MFP since March 2011 because I was pregnant with our second DD. I have a 6.5 year old and a 2 month old who is breastfeeding. I would love to meet some more breastfeeding moms to share this journey with! Feel free to add me as a friend!!