kettlebells

Options
Does anyone else train with them?

If so, what do you put down on here? I can't find kettlebells anywhere on MFP. Or is it called something else?

Thanks in advance

Gemma x

Replies

• CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I log them as weights, even though there's more cardio in kettlebells. I'd rather underestimate.
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Lots of people log it a Circuit Traning.
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I can't find them either I am going to search another site to see if I can find something.....
  • helena260
    helena260 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I would wear a heart rate monitor so you can see what calories you are burning and then add it to your exercise.
  • Raihaanah
    Raihaanah Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    USE THE ADD YOUR OWN EXERCISE FEATURE..sorry for the caps, i use this feature especially since i have a HRM
  • Guardien
    Guardien Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I just add it in as a new exercise. I've had to do that with a lot of exercises.
  • kathiefink
    Options
    I have kettle bells and they are a cardio exercise. Very good I might add!!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Not yet but on my list of things to try!

Check out this Youtube channel. I have been watching these videos for a few months to see how kettlebell training works. looks like fun!

http://www.youtube.com/user/kettlejitsu71
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I also added them with my HRM monitor results. If you don't have one I would suggest circuit training entry. They are AWESOME!!!!
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    I just started using them myself - I have an HRM and enter what it shows I burn as a new exercise entry. Love them!!! I recommend Bob Harper's Cardio and Sculpt DVDs ... wow
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Invest in a Heart Rate Monitor, how many cals you burn depends on a huge variety of things. Even when I do the exact same workout, be it running, an exercise class or a workout DVD, the number of cals I burn each session can vary enormously. I got my HRM nearly a year ago and it was the best thing (bar MFP) I have ever used to help me achieve my goals.
  • Jugsie23
    Options
    Thanks do much for the responses. You've all convinced me about th HRM. Been researching them for a while. Any recommendations?