Options

Replies

• kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    5'6"
    in teens was 140
    20's up to 155-160
    had 3 kids and with each one got a little slimmer after their birth, less and less time to eat I guess LOL and back down to 145.
    started MFP after I tore my ACL and therapist said in order to play soccer again I needed to cross train and get back into better shape so starting running and tracking calories. Current wt 123. Like this weight. :)
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" - 5'7" and weigh 68kg (about 150 lb). I am fairly muscular so would just like to lose a few kilos. I can never get under 60 kg (132 lb) and it's probably to light for me.
  • Kim_08
    Kim_08 Posts: 157
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and loved the way I looked when I weighed 140lbs!
  • CCSunlight
    CCSunlight Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and at my heaviest I was about 190. I lost some weight and then gained it back, so I'm at the low 180s right now. I'd love to get back to 135, like I was in high school
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    100 lbs for the first five feet and then 5 lbs for every inch above 5 feet. Therefore, 130 lb.

That formula has always seemed off to me, but maybe I'm just abnormally stocky (I'm 5'5" and 125 lb would leave me at 10% body fat because my lean muscle mass is 112 lb).

To the OP: I'm 5'5" so I don't quite qualify for this thread, but my sister is 5'6" and about 120 lb, and she is very slender/thin.

There's a weight/height photo chart out there somewhere...don't have the link off hand, but I believe it's easy to Google. Shows real world pictures of people at different weights/heights.
  • chuffed
    Options
    Currenly 132lb goal is 125 but with low body fat. I have sat at about 125 through school, went back to it after child 1 and 2 but have struggled to get back there after my triplets 3.5yrs ago. Highest weight was 167lb at end of triplet pregnancy. I have just lost 9lb in 3 months so it has been a very slow loss and has definately been muscle increase to fat decrease loss. I think within the next 3 mths I will get there.
  • CassOfAllTrades
    CassOfAllTrades Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and currently 136. My goal weight is 135, but I may decide to lose a few more pounds. I am a size 4. I looked okay at 150, good at 140 but I feel best about myself between 130-135.
  • countingitall
    countingitall Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    OK this is to sad for me. I am 225 with a hope of getting to 180 some day:sad:
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Forgot to link: to the poster who said 100 lbs for 5' and 5lbs for each inch over.......

Very generic formula which doesn't factor in body frame and age. I have never felt fit or healthy at 130lb, and find that around 145lbs is the best weight for me. I've worked out all my life and have some muscle on me, which as we all know takes up less space than fat and why I probably always looked like I weighed a lot less than my 145. Which, unfortunately I'm NOT at this point of my life. :cry:

So, bottom line, @ 5'6" I am striving to get back to 145-148 lbs.
  • Dumbell_Diva
    Dumbell_Diva Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sorry this is in Stones/Pounds as I have no converter!

I am just under 5ft 6 and my ideal weight, for me, is 9st 7lbs. For the past 3 years I was 8st 12lbs which is a bit too skinny for me and I lost my bust. After suddenly putting on weight in September I am now just over 11stone, which is way too big for my frame, at this weight my hips are about 44 inches and my waist is 35 inches. Aiming for 9st 7lbs, although Im half an inch or so under 5ft 6in. Hope this helps!!
  • slynn88
    slynn88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and currently 191. In high school I was about 140 and felt good. I'd like to get down to there again or at least 150
  • moylie
    moylie Posts: 195
    Options
    I'm 40 years-young. I'm about 5' 6.5". Highest weight was 218 in my 20's. I got down to 175 before getting pregnant. I was 201 when I delivered my daughter (she's almost 6), and 211 when I delivered my son (he's almost 3). Last January I was about 182. Exercising like crazy, but didn't start losing until I joined MFP. Right now I'm about 144... plus a couple holiday pounds :laugh: I first thought 135 would be nice. At Christmas my Mom told me not to lose anymore weight, but my stomach is really flabby, and I'd like to lose more bodyfat (it's around 24% right now). I'm thinking 130? I wear mostly size 8 (single-digit was a big success for me). I have a few pair of size 6 pants that fit. I think I'd be happy in all size 6's with a couple 4's, maybe. Who knows... I guess I'll know when I get there.
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Forgot to link: to the poster who said 100 lbs for 5' and 5lbs for each inch over.......

Very generic formula which doesn't factor in body frame and age. I have never felt fit or healthy at 130lb, and find that around 145lbs is the best weight for me. I've worked out all my life and have some muscle on me, which as we all know takes up less space than fat and why I probably always looked like I weighed a lot less than my 145. Which, unfortunately I'm NOT at this point of my life. :cry:

So, bottom line, @ 5'6" I am striving to get back to 145-148 lbs.

How do you figure what type of body frame you have and what would be the best weight for that frame? Thanks!
  • hsmithway
    hsmithway Posts: 191
    Options
    I'd like to be a fit 150lbs again, personally. That's what I weighed when I got out of boot camp many years ago. And while I don't think I'll be *that* fit again, I feel better packing around a little bit of extra muscle.

Had some health problems, and now I have about 60lbs to lose to get there, though. Ugh.
  • clarissa08
    clarissa08 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'm pushing it but Im 5'8 and at my last weigh in I was 173.5. The largest I ever been was at the beginning of this past summer at around 185. I haven't been doing as well as I would like, and I know this is my own fault. Next week classes start back up and I have my work out scheduled plan. I personally would love to be 150 and fit. Since I was about 16 my weight has averaged between 155-165. About a year and half ago I packed on approximately 30 lbs due to an insulin imbalance. I am now on the right track, but I want to get into the best shape of my life, and make it my lifestyle.

This summer after I saw the pictures from my sister's wedding I realized that I had to change, that I wasn't happy with myself. I've lost my weight pretty consistently, but it has been very slow. Also, I have not stepped on the scale since the 11th of December, and I weigh in usually once a week. I have not weighed in because I use one scale, and that is a digital scale at a radio station I work at , but due to family parties and Christmas and New Years both being on a Sunday I have not worked that particular shift. Since it has been winter/Christmas break, I have lacked the motivation that I have had in the past, and partially because I know I wouldn't be weighing in. I know this is really long, but I just really wanted to share my story somewhere.

All in all, Im really looking forward to getting back on a schedule. I have already planned out that 3X a week I will do a bodyrock Tv exercise, and then 2-3 times a week I'll find myself doing the elliptical. It may not seem like a lot, but for me, this has to be a slow journey, otherwise the new habits won't stick. It just gets difficult to keep up the motivation!
  • cheetosandburritos
    cheetosandburritos Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", 37 years old, with no kids. I was skinniest (of course) as a teenager, at about 117 lbs. I would look awful at that weight now. I was about 125 for most of my adult life, until I hit 26. Over the next 3 months I gained 40 lbs and have never been able to take it off. In the past 10 years, I've slowly put on another 10 pounds. I'm 165 currently and look overweight in photos. my goal is 130.

There's a website that shows people at various weights. Here's the link:

http://www.mybodygallery.com/
  • redheadc2
    redheadc2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" currently and at 205lbs. My goal is 156. I am 30 years old.

In high school (11 years ago) I was 158lbs. In collage I was 136lbs.

I felt best around 150lbs. I have since figured out that when I was 136 I was really mal-nurished (didn't really have money for food in collage, and walked 30 miles a week due to no car and being 2 miles from campus).

but at 150lbs I noticed I felt confident and healthy. my goal is to get back to the confident and healthy 150.
  • emilypsb
    emilypsb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and currently 136. My goal weight is 135, but I may decide to lose a few more pounds. I am a size 4. I looked okay at 150, good at 140 but I feel best about myself between 130-135.

This is exactly how I feel, but I am at 144 right now. I felt best at 133-ish and am trying to get to 130 for my summer wedding. Congrats on reaching your goal weight!
  • Gshepmix83
    Gshepmix83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" at around 239. My highest I ever weight was 251 and that was a couple months ago. I am determined to get down to 150. In high school I was around 192 and drop down to 178. Around 19-20 I weight at my lowest of 152. I do really regret gaining about 100lbs in 8yrs. I'm hoping to lose about 100lbs this year and keep it off for good and also want to be at my healthiest whenever I become pregnant with my first child.
  • andshrinking
    andshrinking Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.html

this website has pics of people like you want