Always Hungry

Options
Over the past week I haven't been able to get enough to eat. I have been really hungry and try not to go over my calories. This is the first time this has ever happend to me since I have started watching my calories. Any one else ever have this problem. I you have what did you do to get rid of it.

Replies

• CharlieLopez2005
    Options
    Over the past week I haven't been able to get enough to eat. I have been really hungry and try not to go over my calories. This is the first time this has ever happend to me since I have started watching my calories. Any one else ever have this problem. I you have what did you do to get rid of it.

I have some degree of insulin resistance (literally 1 or 2 pts away from being diagnosed as prediabetic at my heaviest with the 3-hour oral glucose tolerance test) and as a result, I was always battling hunger in trying to stick to a low-fat/high-carb weight loss approach. Might try the oral glucose tolerance or A1C test yourself to assess your degree of insulin resistance. I changed from a low-fat to a low-carb diet, and it's worked out pretty well.

If that isn't the underlying issue, then you might consider increasing your calorie limit to compensate for the hunger you're feeling on random days. One adaption the body makes in response to prolonged calorie restriction is that it will slow down your metabolic rate to match your reduced calorie intake and/or increase your hunger signals because it thinks its starving. By having different calorie goals each day, it kind of throws your body a curve ball to get over a plateau.
  • amymaria91
    Options
    I had this for a couple of weeks and went to the docs cause I was feeling sick because I felt so hungry. I felt like there was an empty pit in my stomach. I think it's a form of indigestion. She gave me some Omeprazole which would help level my stomach acid and it seemed to help. If it persists then it may be worth a trip to the docs
  • ldalbello
    ldalbello Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Me too, it's like all I think about is food lately. I think it's boredom as I am not very busy at work right now and spend alot of time here where alot of the talk is about food !