does anyone know....?

Options
hi i just got pregnant and i was wondering how many calories i can eat now.Before i could eat only 1210,and i know i should eat about 300 more.Is it healthy to eat 1500 calories a day during my pregnancy?Does anyone know anything about this?Please,help....Thanks.

Replies

• bluewhisper
    Options
    hi i just got pregnant and i was wondering how many calories i can eat now.Before i could eat only 1210,and i know i should eat about 300 more.Is it healthy to eat 1500 calories a day during my pregnancy?Does anyone know anything about this?Please,help....Thanks.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Thats a toughie. I would check with my obgyn
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    There is a pregnancy thread in motivatio and support. Those ladies are quite knowledgeable.. congrats:drinker:
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your pregnancy! :flowerforyou:

I believe you are supposed to eat 200 calories more in the 1st trimester and 500 calories more therafter while pregnant. I am by no means an expert though.

Before I got pg I had dropped 70 lbs, my ob said I shouldn't actively try and lose any more weight while pg. Definately talk with your doctor before reducing calories any further. You're busy growing another human cell by cell, you need your energy!
  • bluewhisper
    Options
    thank you so much for your advise guys.I'm probably in the first weeks of my pregnancy and i need to find a new O .B .doctor and once i do that i'll ask him about it too.it sucks that i'm so much more hungrier and already craving sweets like crazy.i was so happy that i succeded in dropping 6 pounds by counting my calories but now i'm back to my starting weight.i'm pretty scared of the idea of having 25-30 more pounds on top of that.
    But is my baby and it's all worth it after all.I'm just terrified because i didn't loose any weight since i gave birt last time.Hope this time will be different though.All of you are a great support.Thanks again.
    -bluewhisper