Best Advice ever!

Options
Jackie9950
Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
I was just wondering what the best advice (most motivational, informative, etc) you have ever gotten that sticks with you through your weight loss journey. It would be awesome to see what motivates everyone to stick with it!

Mine- Begining each day as if it's a new day. Don't psych yourself out because of one bad day, your human. Just get back on that horse and make the next day better!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Spruillie03
    Spruillie03 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My aunt once told me to never put anything incriminating in writing. At the time, I was 12 and admitted in a note that I had a crush on some boy. It came back to bite me in the butt. However, as an adult, this tip has proven useful 100 times over.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Just because you CAN say something doesn't mean you SHOULD. We've got two ears and only 1 mouth for a reason. Rarely is unsolicted advice followed or appreciated.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    My aunt once told me to never put anything incriminating in writing. At the time, I was 12 and admitted in a note that I had a crush on some boy. It came back to bite me in the butt. However, as an adult, this tip has proven useful 100 times over.

I like this one too! Also known as "Don't put anything in writing you don't want to see on a billboard or in a courtroom"
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Don`t pee into the wind.
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Don`t pee into the wind.

LMAO!
  • peacejoyandhappiness
    Options
    IF YOU DON'T PROGRAM YOURSELF, LIFE WILL PROGRAM YOU!:glasses:
  • candisweet
    Options
    Nothings tastes as good as looking good feels
    6785950.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    do something .. if it works keep doing it , if it doesn't, do something else
    Franklin Roosevelt

and of course 'nothing changes if nothing changes'
    such a simple saying but so true , if you want to see change you have to be the change
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I agree the writing things down... Hard lesson to learn when you're in high school! LOL Oh man, notes and letters were always getting me in trouble! Haha, we wrote letters and notes in HS... I imagine kids today don't do that. They just text!

Also, this is an old weight watchers mantra, (my grandmother had it as a magnet!), but it still holds true: "Don't give up what you want most for what you want at the moment!"