5' 11'' what is your goal?

Options

Replies

• sophie428
    Options
    I'm 5"11 and my goal is 175. I was 180 lbs about 10 years ago, and though I didn't appreciate it at the time, looking back at old pictures, I think it suited me. I think 190 is a good goal, especially if you have never been that weight before. Don't be afraid to revise your goal as you get closer though. Nothing is set in stone. Good luck!
  • darylinny
    darylinny Posts: 146
    Options
    I am 5' 11" and was 306 lbs in 2007. Once I changed my lifestyle I thought and ideal number would be 175...turns out I was right. I got down to 162 and just didn't think I looked right. I started creeping up past my target maintenance weight range is 170 - 175, so now I'm working to get back down into it.

Good luck on finding what feels and looks right to you!
  • InnerPinup79
    Options
    I too am 5'11" big bones and very big chested. I was down to 185 wearing a size 12 and medium shirts and I felt my hip bones. So for now I'm saying 190. It just depends on where I lose my weight. I don't really lose my boobs like some women do.
  • pkksmama
    pkksmama Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11" and I started at 245 after having my daughter. I usually ranged from 205-210 before I got pregnant but was happy with where I was. I am currently 190 and my goal is 160. My frist goal was 170 but I mived it down when I hit 199 because I just didnt feel as good as I thought I would. I am currenly incorporating working out more into my calorie counting and will play it as I go.
    Here is a picture of me this weekend at 190.8
    394027_530281161815_167400172_30546402_2009381136_n.jpg
  • Jeeenjohnson19
    Jeeenjohnson19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I know bmi gets a lot of criticism, but i'm using that as a guide. I'm aiming for 168, cos that'll give me a bmi of around 23 (i'm 5'10). Once I get there i'll decide whether it's for me or not!
  • JaimeNay
    JaimeNay Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and my goal is 160. After having my first 2 kids I got down to 156 and I was in the best shape of my life, working out about 8-10 hrs a week. I wore a size 10 jean and a medium shirt. Everyone said I looked really good and wanted to know what I was doing; which was basically working out (kickboxing, weight lifting, and walking/jogging on treadmill and eating between 1200-1500 calories or if the item was loaded with calories, I'd eat whatever I wanted, but it had to fit on a saucer plate, and no second helpings.

Now I'm working back to that goal area. My sister is 6'0 and she is around 170 and looks good. So my goal is to get to that point where I can fit in my clothes and feel happy about how I look. The scale will be different with everyone, it all depends on your build and how you feel/look. Good luck to all my tall girls out there.
  • ProjectTina
    Options
    I'm 5'10'' and my goal is 160 :-) Still a long way to go!
  • chollylops
    chollylops Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Great to see so many new tall ladies - keep posting , love the comparisons!
  • laurentapia
    laurentapia Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and I have a goal of 145-50. This used to be my normal weight up until I graduated from college, met my husband and had a baby. ;-) I'm trying to (finally) get back to what I used to always be!!

Started at 193.
    Currently I'm 177.
  • 7memyselfandI
    Options
    I'm 5'10" SW was 185, CW is 149, GW is 140-145
  • zombelina
    zombelina Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10", currently 150lbs and my goal is 140lbs... I'd love to get back to 135, but as I'm running and doing more strength training now, I don't think that'll ever happen :(
  • danner24
    Options
    Im 5 ft 11 and my doc says i should be around 175 :) Im a fellow tall girl!
  • jchocchip
    jchocchip Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my goal is 196 - 14 stone and in onederland. I remember being fairly happy at 13 stone though so if I get to 14 I will reevaluate. I'd quite like to be a size 16-18.
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    5'11.5'' and i'm shooting for 165, but possibly lower. i think you have to make small goals, and when you get there decide where to go next. i think you should has trusted friends and your doctor about where you are at and if it is healthy and looks good.

you'll figure it out with time everyone is different even if we are all the same height we will all look different at different weights.

good luck!!!
  • chollylops
    chollylops Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bump for you tall ladies!
  • My_Own_Hero
    Options
    I'm 5'11.5", and my goal right now is 155lbs.
  • drummer_lady
    drummer_lady Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11'' and my long-term goal is around 170. That's about 100 pounds away for me right now so my goal might change as I go, but the lowest weight I've been was180 and that was pretty close to where I'd like to be. Right now I'm just focusing on getting healthy and getting out of the 200's!
  • joannaphx
    joannaphx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i am 5'10" and my doctor has advised me to get under 155...i was 191 and as of today, 6 weeks later, i have lost 10!
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0" and my goal is 180lbs
    I'm 202.6lbs right now...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!