Picky eater....

Options
Hi!

I've got a picky eater for a boyfriend & he has decided he needs to shed some weight (about 40 pounds!). He's not very adventurous with food nor does he eat fruits or veggies. Very frustrating!

He likes the basics - salad (no veggies in it only lettuce), potatoes, rice, black beans, plantains, grapes, bananas and oranges.

Any suggestions for recipes or websites would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Replies

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Chicken tacos? I put chicken breast in the crockpot with some taco seasoning and a can of black beans. Shred the chicken and put on low cal tortillas and he can add lettuce, little cheese, salsa, etc. if he wants.

Does he eat eggs? That will open up more options like casseroles.

Having a salad with just lettuce and dressing w/some meat is a fine meal. I don't put much on my salads either if I make it at home.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Sorry but I think He needs to be a big boy and start eating big boy food.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck, my hubby is similar but a bit worse.
    The only thing I can think of is hit the gym hard, and let him eat what he wants within his calorie allowance.
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options

*like*
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options

*like*

LMAO! I told him the same exact thing. He eats like my 10 y/o!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options

*like*

LMAO! I told him the same exact thing. He eats like my 10 y/o!

I forgot to say "You did amazing with you weight loss". Congratulations and continued success for a happy and healthy New Year!
  • BodyRockerVT
    BodyRockerVT Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I fully admit to being a very picky eater. I have a similar diet profile to your SO but I also don't really eat meat...

Yogurt, cheese, brown rice, peas, corn, potatoes (red, sweet, russet) are all staples for me. PB is as well but it is high in cals so you gotta watch that. Baked mac n cheese is another one I am rather fond of, but again, high in cals. Tacos, quiche (another one to put veg in), homemade pizza, oatmeal, pasta, soups...all good choices as well.

Try smoothies. It is a great way to add in things like spinach and all sorts of fruit without "tasting" them.

If he eats meat look up different meat recipes, there are quite a few out there.
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your help! :happy: