Muffin Tops at Preschool

Options
JustLindaLou
JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
:noway: Should I be disturbed by the fact that all but one teacher at my daughter's preschool is not only overweight, but obese? (I am speaking as one who knows full well I need to lose 80 lbs, not as one who is blind to my own issues.) Some of them are very young, 17, 18, 19, early 20's - and all quite heavy. The girls tend to wear revealing but too snug tops, and skin-tight jeans, creating extreme muffin tops... One gal wears short shorts and I don't want to be mean, but she does not have the thighs for it. Another one is quite well-endowed and wears spaghetti strap tank tops.... (some of us have expressed concern over this rather inappropriate attire for teachers at any school, let alone a Christian pre-school.) The one male teacher, that all the kids adore and want to climb all over, is only about 25 and is so overweight I fear he will have a heart attack while playing with the kids! (I observed him the night of the Christmas program powering down 2 double cheeseburgers and large order of chili cheese fries... Scary.) The older teachers, between 35-55, are also overweight, but their attire trends more to the frumpy stuff offered by Walmart in the plus size women's department. This is not meant to be a "What Not To Wear" diatribe, although God knows I would love to send Stacy & Clinton over there to intervene.... I am just so disturbed by the teacher's weight gain I have observed over the year my daughter has been going there, and I have to wonder (a) what are they serving the children for snacks?? and (b) what kind of examples are being set for the kids....

I take full responsibility for my 4 year old daughter's diet, exercise and the example I set for good or bad. I am so thankful she is a very healthy weight, considering both her parents battle weight issues. I am making positive changes and helping her learn healthy habits now that I pray will last her a lifetime, habits I wish I had learned 40 years ago. But she spends 45 hours a week in the care of these teachers, and I am concerned... Well I pray that as I have success this coming year on my own journey to better health and a smaller muffin top, perhaps it will also encourage them to take better care of themselves....

Thanks for listening MFPeeps!