Two days and counting...

Options
I logged onto this site a couple of days ago because I did a search in google for a calorie counter and this came up. I have been using food diaries for a while now to keep track of my eating and help me with losing weight. I have just recently re-commited to getting down to my goal weight.

I broke my ankle a little less than a year ago, and it really threw me off my groove. I gained back about 15 pounds in the three months I was non- weight baring on my broken ankle, and it has taken me almost a year to rehab enough to get back to full work outs. I really used the fact that I wasn't able to work out in other areas too. I stopped tracking my eating habits, and even though I still tried to eat healthy I let the fast foods and the sugary snacks start to sneak back in.

Anyway, I'm starting all over, and I am really liking this site. I find that talking about whats working for me and what I'm learning is a great motivator, but diet and exercise is not always a fun topic for conversation at parties :tongue:

Originally I was just going to use the food diary because its easier and more accurate than tracking by hand, but I spent some time wandering around the boards this evening, and found myself wanting to join in instead of just lurk....so hi, and I look forward to celebrating future successes, both yours and mine!

Chelle

Replies

• chellebelle315
    Options
    I logged onto this site a couple of days ago because I did a search in google for a calorie counter and this came up. I have been using food diaries for a while now to keep track of my eating and help me with losing weight. I have just recently re-commited to getting down to my goal weight.

I broke my ankle a little less than a year ago, and it really threw me off my groove. I gained back about 15 pounds in the three months I was non- weight baring on my broken ankle, and it has taken me almost a year to rehab enough to get back to full work outs. I really used the fact that I wasn't able to work out in other areas too. I stopped tracking my eating habits, and even though I still tried to eat healthy I let the fast foods and the sugary snacks start to sneak back in.

Anyway, I'm starting all over, and I am really liking this site. I find that talking about whats working for me and what I'm learning is a great motivator, but diet and exercise is not always a fun topic for conversation at parties :tongue:

Originally I was just going to use the food diary because its easier and more accurate than tracking by hand, but I spent some time wandering around the boards this evening, and found myself wanting to join in instead of just lurk....so hi, and I look forward to celebrating future successes, both yours and mine!

Chelle
  • loser4real
    Options
    Welcome! The MFP community is so supportive, I am glad you decided to join the forums. I don't post a whole lot, but do learn so much from reading everyone's posts. Good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey.