Ripped in 30 - January

Options
Anyone up for doing Ripped in 30 with me starting January 1st?

I need to be held accountable and need to get back on track.

I was planning on taking my measurements and weighing in on January 1st.

Replies

• dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am still doing the shred but I wil start Ripped in 30 as soon as I am done with it, so I will be a couple of days behind you.
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I started this two days ago, so I'd love to join you too. It would be nice to be doing it with some other people. :)
  • jellybean82
    jellybean82 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I did a few days of Ripped in November but fell off the wagon with all the holiday parties I had and I lost my workout spot due to the Christmas tree, normally I love keeping the tree up as long as possible but this year it was taken down ASAP!

I liked Ripped in 30 a lot more than the 30DS, I like how everything is broken up into 30 seconds and there are 4 levels; I got so bored around day 7 of each level with 30DS.
  • shortjules
    shortjules Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm still finishing up the 30DS but I'm doing RI30 next. I dont' do them everyday because my doctor told me that muscle needs time to repair itself from working out. I definitely love the motivation that I have gotten from my 30DS group so anyone who's doing any of Jillian's DVDs is more than welcome to friend me and we can keep each other motivated.
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I started it last wk,so on wk 2 now,but still planning to keep going in Jan,its a great workout! So if I can be of any help,ill be more then happy to:)
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I just bought this, but I'm not sure I can do Jillian every day since she is plank-crazy and I have a bad shoulder...but I'm definitely happy to join and support you!
  • Bells5001
    Bells5001 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Whats Ripped in 30? I take fitness classes at Lifetime but am interested in what this is?
  • Eva_21
    Options
    I did "Ripped in 30" for some time but didn't go past Week 1. The 30DS actually got easier even after those few times I managed to do Ripped in 30 - I hadn't done it for a month but I was too tired to do Ripped so I just put on 30DS. Ripped in 30 is a great workout dvd (crazy, too) and January seems like a great time to restart the program!
  • jellybean82
    Options
    Happy New Year Everyone!

I just finished Day One Level 1, totally confirmed that I let myself go over the holidays! haha

I had to take a few 5 second breaks but not as many as I thought I was going to need. I used 3 pounds weights for all of the exercises except for the squat thursts, I used 5 pounds for that one.

At this point my least favourite part is the hollowman, ugh, it's the worst 30 seconds of my day. :laugh:

My starting weight/measurements are:

Weight: 192.8

Waist: 30.5 inches
    Hips: 45 inches
    Thighs: 25 inches
    Calves: 16 inches
    Arms: 13 inches

I can't wait to see those numbers go down!

How did Day 1 go for everyone else?
  • thinthought
    thinthought Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    A day late but I am in-- Plan to start today!
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!!! I'm a bad person and skipped yesterday, but I'm back at it today. My starting stats are:

Weight: 139lbs

Waist: 28"
    Hips: 36"
    Thighs: 21.5"
    Calves: 13"
    Arms: 11"

Really hoping to lose some inches. I'm not too bothered about my weight but a small loss would be nice.

I'm using 1.5kg (3ish pounds?) weights as they are the heaviest own. Saying that, I don't think I'd be able to lift anything heavier yet.

I completely agree with the Hollowman. It's awful. I'm not particularly fond on the chair squat either.

Good luck, everyone!
  • helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    My starting weight/measurements are:

Weight: 118.2

Waist: 27 inches
    Hips: 33.5 inches
    Thighs: 21 inches
    Chest: 29.6 inches
    Arms: 10 inches

These may all seem small but im 5''1 so im super short!
    also I think my weights are like 1.1kg or 1.1lb?! I think I need to up the weight!

Also I finished Week 1 Day 2 today!
  • jellybean82
    Options
    Just finished day 2! Even though it was just my second day my endurance seems much better.

I'm really feeling it in my legs and shoulders today but it's not too bad.

Good luck with day 2 everyone!
  • mszimmerman76
    Options
    I tried RI30 last fall but fell off for whatever reason. Started again yesterday with Level 1 Day 1, rested for a bit and did a 29 minute Yoga routine on my wii Fit Plus. Not too sore this morning, I think the Yoga really helped. I love RI30 so I'm in for the challenge! Level 1 Day 2 later today!
  • tim_w13
    tim_w13 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I would love to join to. I am day one of RI30. Just finished 30DS. Loved it. Also, she is saying take one day off. areyou guys going to take one rest day.
  • christina_c_marks
    christina_c_marks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2 of RI30 and would love to join...I didn't take measurements to start but I will now.

Weight: 137lbs

Waist: 34 inches
    Hips: 36.5
    Thighs:20.5
    Chest:38
    Arms:10

Would love to get down to 130lbs but mostly would like to tone up.
  • jen91010
    Options
    @Bells5001

"Ripped in 30" is one of the newer DVDs by Jillian Michaels. There are 4 levels, designed to take you through 4 weeks of workouts. I totally recommend anything by Jillian, as she will definitely push you to your limit! :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too! Did Level 1 today. Looking forward to progressing already. :)
    Haven't taken starting measurements but maybe I should. Thanks for the group. :)
  • Jay0hwhy
    Options
    i'm in! i do this on my non-gym days. I am on week 2 workout 4
  • helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Just did work out 3 week 1!
    stepped up the weights to 6.6(?)lbs or 3kg... as I had weights that were 2.5lbs so far to light, however I didnt manage to get through the entire work out with the heavier weights the last circuit of strength training I struggled on, but I will keep going with the heavier ones then hopefully it will get easier.

Does anyone else find the running man super hard!? I can do it but so out of breath! literally gasping!

also tight hamstrings? is anyone else experiencing this? Ive had to do a longer warm up and cool down to try and get abit of flexibility in my legs!

hope your all doing well!