Work advice...seriously about to quit my job.

Options
Some of my long standing MFPals know all about this but I was promoted without a title or pay about 1.5 years ago. It was a temporary fix that became permanent. I'm essentially the assistant supervisor of a call center in addition to processing bill & corporate payments, trouble shooting other department's problems and generally being the manager's b*tch.

I have pleaded my case time and time again about how I've learned the job and have been doing it every single day for almost two years. I've had the carrot of "retroactive raise" dangled in my face.

NOW the newest person in our call center quit and my boss is just assuming I'll be picking up his Saturday shifts. I have my limits and I will not do this. I was JUST taken off the Saturday schedule a few months ago.

How do I approach this for the FINAL time? I need to make a stance but I also can't afford to quit right now without anything lined up.

Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!

Replies

• ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    no idea. good luck:grumble:
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Try to listen to this podcast (it's free): http://www.manager-tools.com/2006/01/managing-your-boss

Might be a tip or two in there for you.
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    YOU SHOULD EXPLAIN YOUR WORKLOAD TO YOUR BOSS AND LET HIM KNOW THAT YORU WORK MAY SUFFER AS A RESULT OF THE INCREASE IN RESPONSIBILTY? I DON'T KNOW.... THATS MY BEST ADVICE.
  • leahbea22
    leahbea22 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    tell him you have other commitments on saturday that can not be arranged for you to take over this new shift and that you are sure some other hard working individual would LOVE the extra pay! good luck. I understand ur work frustation!!