Who's HARDCORE - week 2

Options
Week 2 here guys.

Hotmom, you're up. Who wants Wednesday and Thursday?

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Week 2 here guys.

Hotmom, you're up. Who wants Wednesday and Thursday?
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    OK where is everyone?
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i'm here, ready for more abuse!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Me too me too!! :D Today I'm doing step from 2-3 and raquetball from 3-4.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Day off today. I just did some plyo pushups. About 40 chin-ups, and about 10 minutes of cardio, just to get the blood flowing. Tomorrow I'm continuing with this program. I may also try to add a little night time Tabata in if I have the energy. I just LOVE that tabata, it's like 15 minutes of the most intense hell ever, but you can almost feel your body getting stronger after.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys, had a naughty weekend. Ugly hangover. Anyway, feel free to advise me of better after this, cause I've never made one of these myself.:indifferent:

5 min warm up on cardio machine of choice 7
    stretch well.
    Treadmill-jog for 1 min.
    -sprint 15 sec. (>90%)HR : 30 sec lighter jog 7
    -do 8 times

Rest 30 secs.

Double crunches. Legs straighten without touching the floor, up to a crunch 1
    while hips elevate off ground. For 1 min

25 jumpsquats, reaching arms above head 2
    5 add extra height

Jump rope, or simulate for 3 min. Vary types of jumps 3

Rest 30 sec.

1 legged wall squat switching legs every 10 sec. for 1min (3X /leg), raise leg higher 1
    than bent one. Knees and feet together

no rest

Roundhouse high kicks followed with hook/uppercut 15X
    Back kick with jab/cross punch 15X
    other leg 15X
    other leg 15X 5

Elliptical run-choice elevated high or hard tension, FORWARD 15 sec.:30 sec. slower
    REVERSE 15 sec.:30sec. slower 5

rest 30 sec.

Run Lunge-double time for 1 min or 150 1

sphinx push up-arms back further, harder. Keep snug to body for 1 min. 1

no rest

low lateral frog leaps-2 leaps each way, 15 both directions. Focus on 3
    adductors.

Football heros 4 wide span forward, 6 high knee back 15X 2

Glute presses-on all fours, press heels straight up and squeeze glutes 2

Cool Down 5 min 5

45 min. work out. Adjust as necessary cause I didn't get a chance to go through it all.
    :heart: hotmomov4
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    I think I got It. Not positive what football heros are and sphinx pushups, but I'll look them up and post the links if I find them.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    ok sphinx pushup is plank position with elbows resting on the floor under your shoulders then up to push up position.

couldn't find football heroes HM. can you explain it or send a link? too much other stuff in google to have it pull anything up.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    well, scratch that Tabata protocol tonight for me, I just did 45 minutes of shoveling, and with the rate it's coming down here, I'll end up doing 45 minutes more at about noon today. Lovely.

In Massachusetts we have a saying:

"Spring? It's a myth, we go right from blizzards to 90 degree heat." And it's frickin true. we get about 3 weeks of mid 60's and then it's right into the 80's.
  • emtink
    Options
    ok sphinx pushup is plank position with elbows resting on the floor under your shoulders then up to push up position.

couldn't find football heroes HM. can you explain it or send a link? too much other stuff in google to have it pull anything up.

thanks for clarifying the sphinx push up!

i also don't know what football heroes are, please explain!
  • hmo4
    Options

It's 4 jukes-(big "tires") forward, and 6 high knees up jogging back.
  • emtink
    Options

It's 4 jukes-(big "tires") forward, and 6 high knees up jogging back.

i googled juke and didn't come up with anything. please explain:embarassed:
  • hmo4
    Options
    You know like jumping through tires, knees are high and you jump outward (like an obstacle course-car tires). Do 4 large jumps forward, jog back 6 steps with high knees.:happy: Hope that clarifies it. I just did it and am a bit dissappointed, should have made it longer or something. Still think the first one was the hardest. Mind you, never tried SB's 1st one. I'll do that one soon. Unless, I'm just getting that much better! Ha!:laugh:
  • emtink
    Options
    aha! why do you fitness types have to come up cute names for everything???:laugh:

i won't be able to do your routine till thursday, but i'm looking forward to it!
  • hmo4
    Options
    Thanks! You're too funny. I've never called them jukes before, but I thought I'd impress Banks and SB.:laugh: :laugh:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    This looks great! I didn't end up doing it tonight because my university classes were canceled and I had a list of aerobics classes I wanted to take! :laugh: I did my normal full-body routine (my #1 routine I posted here but with more weights) for 45 minutes, then did Body Step for an hour, then Cardio & Core, which is a 25 minute interval class with work on the step and with the balance ball doing ab work.

I pretty much pre-gamed for tomorrow's Crossfit birthday bash!!! :bigsmile: I got to feeling pretty tired toward the end because I didn't take anything but water and electrolytes, so my sugar got pretty low. But now after a Powerbar and pumpkin muffin (the spice cake mix w/ just canned pumpkin) I feel GREAT!

Hotmom, I will do yours on Wednesday! :flowerforyou:
  • hmo4
    Options
    This looks great! I didn't end up doing it tonight because my university classes were canceled and I had a list of aerobics classes I wanted to take! :laugh: I did my normal full-body routine (my #1 routine I posted here but with more weights) for 45 minutes, then did Body Step for an hour, then Cardio & Core, which is a 25 minute interval class with work on the step and with the balance ball doing ab work.

I pretty much pre-gamed for tomorrow's Crossfit birthday bash!!! :bigsmile: I got to feeling pretty tired toward the end because I didn't take anything but water and electrolytes, so my sugar got pretty low. But now after a Powerbar and pumpkin muffin (the spice cake mix w/ just canned pumpkin) I feel GREAT!

Man, I'd love to hang out with you for awhile, you could whip me into shape! How do I break my sugar cravings?
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

Man, I'd love to hang out with you for awhile, you could whip me into shape! How do I break my sugar cravings?

Heck, I still have sugar cravings. I don't really try to break myself of anything. Most of the time, I am just too poor to afford anything yummy, or I look at a dozen cookies and think, "If I buy that, I'll want to eat ALL of it," and I never buy it.

But, if I do happen to have sweets in the house, I will let myself eat them. Shoot, I work out harder than any other chick (and most guys) I know (of non-MFPers lol). Who says I can't have treats? I will just save some calories if I want a piece of chocolate. Or, like tonight, I ate my pumpkin spice cake after working out when I needed the sugar (and boy did I need it).

If I overdo it, I work out hard the next day. If I'm thinking of overdoing it, I REALLY think about how I'll feel afterward. If I don't feel that I could benefit in some way from the extra sugar/calories, I make a conscious decision not to eat it and distract myself with something else. If I have been working SUPER hard and am feeling drained, I go ahead and eat some.

We constantly have to make these decisions...sometimes it's easier than others. If we falter a little, just get back on the right track and realize that, somewhere down the road, you'll have a day where you don't eat enough at all, and you'll use up the extra energy then.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    I'm doing it today, after 2 hours of shoveling, I just didn't have the energy for a full workout, so I just did a short, 20 minute cardio and some small resistance stuff.

I'll let you know how it goes HM.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Oh, HotMom,

I did the routine. It was pretty good. Lots of leg stuff (which I need anyway) so that was good.

I had 2 deviations from the routine.

I lowered the rest period between the running and jogging because my Tread mill doesn't go as high as I need to reach 90% and I raised the length from 15 to 20 seconds. So I did 20 run 10 jog instead, I also added to cycles on, for a total of 8 cycles instead of 6.

Other then that, I had to cut the end short a bit cuz I only have about 35 minutes to actually work out.
    So I didn't do the heroes, I just did some unpowered tread mill jog/walk instead.
    BTW those 1 legged wall squats were a little rough. I like that one.
    Other then that, I kept it the same, It was pretty good. I'd do it again, my quads were burning by the end.
    Kudos lady!