Guess WHAT?~!?

arewethereyet
arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
I lost 30 pounds!! I am at my original goal weight of 138.5 and my lowest weight since 1993!!

Here is the best part. I did it without pills or patches!

I did it with MFP!!! I followed the guidelines, listened to the seasoned ppl on MFP, found what worked for me and in 7 months achieved my goal.

Why do I tell you this??? Because one of you reading this is thinking

"Should I take a pill?" I say NO! I tried the pills and powders for 20 years. I would lose 10 and gain back 15 each time. I didnt LEARN anything. I messed up my metabolism something royal and could have hurt my body.

"Should I exercise?" YES!! It makes you feel empowered to jog when you couldnt walk to the end of the street! It gives you energy and a feeling of accomplishment, and it makes your body healthier.

"Should I lift weights?" YES!!! Again with the empowerment:wink: I feel muscles in my arms and legs.
When I do a push up I remember how I could not do ONE a few months ago and it makes me want to do one more!!

My journey started with logging all my food for 1 week and parking in the back of the parking lot.

Do it TODAY and then I will be reading your success story in a few months!!

:heart: God Bless
Jeannie

Replies

• arewethereyet
    I lost 30 pounds!! I am at my original goal weight of 138.5 and my lowest weight since 1993!!

Here is the best part. I did it without pills or patches!

I did it with MFP!!! I followed the guidelines, listened to the seasoned ppl on MFP, found what worked for me and in 7 months achieved my goal.

Why do I tell you this??? Because one of you reading this is thinking

"Should I take a pill?" I say NO! I tried the pills and powders for 20 years. I would lose 10 and gain back 15 each time. I didnt LEARN anything. I messed up my metabolism something royal and could have hurt my body.

"Should I exercise?" YES!! It makes you feel empowered to jog when you couldnt walk to the end of the street! It gives you energy and a feeling of accomplishment, and it makes your body healthier.

"Should I lift weights?" YES!!! Again with the empowerment:wink: I feel muscles in my arms and legs.
    When I do a push up I remember how I could not do ONE a few months ago and it makes me want to do one more!!

My journey started with logging all my food for 1 week and parking in the back of the parking lot.

Do it TODAY and then I will be reading your success story in a few months!!

:heart: God Bless
    Jeannie
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    We :heart: you Jeannie!

You are awesome!
  • arewethereyet
    We :heart: you Jeannie!

You are awesome!

Thanks Steve!

You have been instrumental in helping me in this journey. Even when you were in cognito, I referred back to your plateau post and others on a regular basis.

Like you said, it just takes time and allowing your body to adjust.

Woo HOO!!:drinker: :drinker:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Congrats on reaching your goal...whoo hoo!

:flowerforyou: Shuntae
  • arewethereyet
    thanks Shuntae! I am so happy! I feel like if I can do it anyone can!

I am so thankful for MFP because I truly feel the support has been key in my accomplishing better health! (oh AND a size 8!)
  • :flowerforyou:

Congrats to you!
    I am new here so you are giving me some inspiration to lose the 50 pounds I need to get rid of!!! Thanks

~Jenn
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Wooohoooooooooooo Jeannie! You are awesome!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

I am so proud of you!!!!! :happy: :smooched:

:heart:
    -Tami
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Congratulations! What an accomplishment:bigsmile: You rock:drinker: :drinker:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Jeanie

Congratulations!! & Thank you for the advice & inspiration!! When I started back here in December you were one of the first to welcome me & support me!! You hold a very dear, special place in my healthy heart!! We are all so very proud of you!!

You go girl!!

:heart: Sandy
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Congratulations Jeannie!!!:drinker:
    I know you are proud and you are definitely an inspiration for me! :flowerforyou:

I appreciate your positive attitude and advice!! I know we are in this for the long haul. Its the only way it works and I do believe my body is starting to believe me this time! Down almost 20 and never giving up!!:bigsmile:

Jen
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    thanks Shuntae! I am so happy! I feel like if I can do it anyone can!

I am so thankful for MFP because I truly feel the support has been key in my accomplishing better health! (oh AND a size 8!)

Congratulations Jeannie, you've done a fantastic job! :flowerforyou:
    I feel the same way you do about MFP and all it's wonderfully supportive members! Words just can't express what a LIFE CHANGING experience it REALLY, REALLY is! :happy:
    I also agree that pills or other "fads" just don't cut it, so why waste your time and money?!!!
    All ANYONE needs is MFP!!! :love:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Congrats!!! That is wonderful!

:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Way to go. I love your down to earth kick butt attitiude. It has paid off. Congrats - you deserve it.:bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    Thanks for the words of encouragement and for sharing my joy! Each of you has played a part in my journey here.

NOT that it is over.......cuz ya just KNOW I have set another 10 pound goal!!

I am looking at the numbers here, and you have all lost so much weight!

look how far WE have come!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    You are awesome and you look great! Best of luck with the next 10! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    You are awesome and you look great! Best of luck with the next 10! :flowerforyou:

Kerri, I have somethign important to tell you........but in a PM......:huh:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    I know....Right? I finally hit the 60lb mark, and all WITHOUT pills, and "weird" diets. I'm 45 (groan) and it is taking alittle longer to get the last 10 lbs to drop, but at this point I'm at my original goal of wearing a size 12 jeans. And.......back in Dec I bought a size 10 pr of shorts from Old Navy ( for .99 cents no less). I could get them on and button up, but no way I would wear them in public....tried them on the other day, and quess what? I would wear them in public now :laugh: yeah for me! Yeah for US! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Jeannie, Way to Go! You are awesome!!!!! :flowerforyou:

See that trainer wasn't all bad! :laugh:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Way to go!!!!! you are awesome :)
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Awesome job!!!! From day one you've always had a positive attitude toward your goals and always helped others with positive reenforcement to reach there goals. Your smokin:smokin:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!