I upped my calories 200+ and feel so mentally better

Options
Did anyone else experience this?? MFP reccommend I change my goals after I lost 10 lbs so I went with it. To try to stay in the 1200 calorie mark was actually psyching me out on a daily basis. Plus I couldnt stay in that range as well. So today-to make myself feel better mentally-I moved it back up. I want to lose weight but I want to feel I can attain to my daily calorie goal not figt to do it. Maybe in a couple of weeks/month etc I can tackle it again but right now I feel a huge weight lifting knowing I have some more wiggle room.

Replies

• gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Did anyone else experience this?? MFP reccommend I change my goals after I lost 10 lbs so I went with it. To try to stay in the 1200 calorie mark was actually psyching me out on a daily basis. Plus I couldnt stay in that range as well. So today-to make myself feel better mentally-I moved it back up. I want to lose weight but I want to feel I can attain to my daily calorie goal not figt to do it. Maybe in a couple of weeks/month etc I can tackle it again but right now I feel a huge weight lifting knowing I have some more wiggle room.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    same thing here at 1400 I lose - just slowly - which is cool!

We're in this for the long haul not a quick fix.

Glad it's working for you too
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Feeling good about your program is VITAL to weight loss and health.

As long as you keep a deficit, whether it be 100 calories a day or 500, you will STILL lose weight.

Ask yourself this: In the long run does it matter if it takes me a year instead of 6 months to lose the weight?

5 years from now, how mentally happy you are will determine how well you maintain your new lifestyle. And eating too little and always feeling miserable is a great way to fail!

You go gustergirl! Make sure you're happy, and all else will follow!

good for you for figuring out how to make it work for you!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

I feel the same way as you, and did exactly the same thing just the other day!
    Since Christmas I've been juggling a few pounds either way, and have just been really frustrated with having so few numbers to "work with" each day!
    I don't know if it'll help me lose the last few pounds that I want to, but, I DO know that I feel much better now, with more calories, etc. every day. I no longer feel that it's WAY too much of a losing battle! :smile: