The small, but oh so helpful changes.

Options
So I've been thinking about this lately, and I found that I definitely spent too much of my time watching TV... whether it was with the kids, or late at night or whatever. We didn't have cable or anything but we had Netflix streaming to the Wii, so it made it VERY convenient to watch just about anything.

Well that was change #1.... taking Netflix off of the Wii. Goodness gracious! It's amazing how much better I felt and how much more I was able to get done. ALso, I havent had a desire to eat as much. I was in a bad habit of eating lunch in front of the TV, because I felt like it was my only quiet time.

Change #2... I was one to walk around the house in comfy socks and PJs... made it easier to sit down and get comfortable if I wanted too. Lately, I've been wearing shoes around the house... makes me keep moving. I know, such a small thing, but it's really worked.

Change #3. Wearing ankle or wrist weights while doing things such as folding laundry and cleaning... I use 4 (maybe 5?) pounds on each arm or leg, depending on which I decide to do, and I'm really feeling the difference.

Change #4: Setting small goals to finish by the end of the day (which for me is when my husband comes home). I have goals such as finish all the laundry, scour the bathroom, do all the dishes, make all the beds... just something I may not typically do every day. Not only does it keep me active & not eating or being lazy, but it gets my house cleaned and makes for a much smoother evening.

Change #5: Deactivating Facebook. I wasn't one to spend a ton of time on the computer with it, but there is so much drama and negativity that it really can pull you down. I found that a lot of it was getting to me in a negative way, making for a negative impact on my daily activities. It's a temporary change for me most likely, but one that I really need right now.

What small changes have you made that have helped you out along the way?