Need some help

Options
mrsskinny629
mrsskinny629 Posts: 96 Member
Okay .. I'm having a party tonight and I'm making bbq meatballs. It's original italian meatballs (6 per serving) with 1 container of welchs grape jelly and 1 container of masterpiece bbq sauce...when i try to build it into the recipe builder, it's showing 820/calories per serving (of 6 meatballs) but am I wrong to think that this isn't right? The whole recipe makes 8.5 servings .. but wouldn't it be making the jelly & bbq sauce only 8.5 servings per that container?

I need help, any suggestions on how I can calculate the calories properly?

Replies

• fitnatic67
    Options
    did you try scanning the labels of your ingredients to get the accurate calorie counts?
  • mrsskinny629
    Options
    No, that's not really my concern. The recipe is more than less calculating the whole jar of jelly & bbq sauce as 8 servings when there's more than 8 servings in the jar...idk maybe I can count it as 52 servings and see if that makes a difference.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you have a lot of sauce leftover that you aren't eating with the meatballs? Maybe mix the jelly and the bbq sauce first and weigh them together, then after the party weigh what is left when the meatballs are eaten, and then use the difference in the recipe builder. So if it weighs 19 oz before and 8 oz after, use 11 oz as your quantity of sauce/jam in the recipe.
  • mrsskinny629
    Options
    I'm guessing you have a lot of sauce leftover that you aren't eating with the meatballs? Maybe mix the jelly and the bbq sauce first and weigh them together, then after the party weigh what is left when the meatballs are eaten, and then use the difference in the recipe builder. So if it weighs 19 oz before and 8 oz after, use 11 oz as your quantity of sauce/jam in the recipe.

Yah, its the same thing as those lil sauages people make, only with meatballs ... there's usually always tons of sauce left, and I doubt it's more than 1 tbsp worth on each serving. I might have to try that.
  • mimaduck83
    mimaduck83 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    more worried about the use of grape jelly with meatballs!! But I'm guessing it will taste delicious!!