Spinach Artichoke Dip

Options
Kim_08
Kim_08 Posts: 157
I've been doing MFP since Monday and have already lost 5 lbs! I'm assuming most of it's water weight, but heck, I'll take it! Anyways - I've been CRAVING Spinach Artichoke Dip & crackers - - does anyone know of a great low fat/cal recipe?? Or any other spreads/dips I can have with crackers? Ty - Kim :)

Replies

• patricia909
    patricia909 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options
    Laughing Cow with Kashi pita chips is a great option or I also like the Fred Meyer (Krogers) Spinach artichoke dip (80 cals for 2 tablespoons), Hummus is good too.
  • mackenzg
    mackenzg Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Lean cuisine actually have it as a frozen appetizer! And its individually portioned already. I had it, and it was DELISH!
  • dmouse0225
    Options

This recipe looks delicious!! Thanks for sharing!
  • katey82
    katey82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    14oz can of quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
    3 oz frozen spinach (thawed and squeezed)
    3/4 cup low fat mayo (olive oil kind)
    3/4 cup grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
    2 cloves garlic minced
    salt and pepper to taste

Usse whole wheat baguette slices, toast in the oven. You can heat up the dip in the mictowave, i usually leave the cheese out until I have heated it up and mixed everything together.

Combine hearts, spinach, mayo cheese, garlic, salt and pepper. Enjoy :) Makes four servings, 263 calories, 9.5g fat, 11g protein, 31g carb, 22mg cholesterol, 4g fiber.

This is from the Eat This Not That cook book :)
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I was just looking the other day for some as well.. I went to www.sparkrecipes.com and found some good recipes there. The one on there I saw used cream cheese.

I did see the ones on skinnytaste.com and I have to admit, the one with the breadcrumb topping looks heavenly!
  • Kim_08
    Kim_08 Posts: 157
    Options
    Ty everyone! I will have to try some of these soon!
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I just tried Spinach Artichoke Dip for the first time over the holidays and I am in love with it. I tried to make my brothers recipe with just a few changes. Not sure what the nutritional facts are, but here is the recipe.

1 brick Cream Cheese (I used the 1/3 less fat kind)
    1/2 cup Fat Free Sour Cream
    frozen spinach (thawed and squeezed)
    artichoke hearts (i used the marinated kind so they were probably higher in calories)
    chicken breast (pan cooked and diced)
    1 slice of bacon (fried and crumbled)
    just a little shredded mozzarela cheese on top

Bake on 325 or 350 till just bubbly.

Next time I will definately use less Sour Cream because I am not a big fan of the flavor of it and it really stood out. I am sure you can make this even more nutricious by changing some of the ingredients to lower cal or lower fat versions.
  • raynalisa
    raynalisa Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Lean cuisine actually have it as a frozen appetizer! And its individually portioned already. I had it, and it was DELISH!

Ditto this ^^^
    The lean cuisine version comes with pita bread and it is 2 servings per box. They have a couple other flavors of dip that are excellent too!
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump