Anyone else trying to give up chocolate in 2012

Options
I am seriously hooked on chocolate - eat far too much daily and while I am not gaining I know it is undermining the other good work I do. I really want and need to cut down in 2012 and wondered if there are others struggling with the same thing (doesn't have to be chocolate could be another food demon) and wanted to form a group.

Replies

• MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    My demon is cheese burgers. Haven't had one since Oct 31st. I do not intend to have one ever again.

Good luck to you with whatever you choose to do, and get ready for a ton of posters to tell you not to give it up!

6921816.png
  • torsaer
    torsaer Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yes, me! I'll join a group!
  • gleechick609
    Options
    Nope! I can't give anything up. I eat it in moderation!
  • LeCitron
    Options
    My resolution for 2011 was to give up all soda. I am proud to announce that as of January 1, 2012 I will have gone an entire year soda free. I'm seriously considering giving up chocolate this year. Soda wasn't as challenging as I thought it would be so I think I'm ready to remove something I consider to be a bit more vital.
  • Halothane
    Halothane Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hell no I've not given anything up. If I want it I consume it!
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I think you'd be better served practicing moderation instead of giving up entire foods. I understand that not everyone can do this so cold turkey is the only alternative.
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Um, NO!
  • betterin2012
    Options
    Not JUST chocolate.....anything sweet.....cakes, cookies, ice cream. Must stop now.....I'm getting a craving for CHOCOLATE!
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    If I gave up chocolate I think I might just shrivel up and die of a life not fully lived.
  • TheBooBooStew
    TheBooBooStew Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I will join! I want to give up the evil chocolate!! and soda pop!
  • coolcatcan
    coolcatcan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You don't have to....that is if it's dark chocolate and at least 75%. The higher the percentage the better. Dark chocolate has many health benefits such as lowering blood pressure & cholesterol, a great antioxidant, and aiding in weight loss...yes it's true! I have about 10-14 grams daily - it's considered a good fat. Moderation is the key...so enjoy! :bigsmile:
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    I will never give up chocolate or cheese or burgers or pizza or . . . I will just eat them in reasonable portions.
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I could/would NEVER give up chocolate. Everything in moderation:wink: .
  • jsuaccounting
    jsuaccounting Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    My resolution for 2011 was to give up all soda. I am proud to announce that as of January 1, 2012 I will have gone an entire year soda free. I'm seriously considering giving up chocolate this year. Soda wasn't as challenging as I thought it would be so I think I'm ready to remove something I consider to be a bit more vital.

Wow - that is an accomplishment.
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hell to the no.

I would quickly be put on the "FBI's Most Wanted" list.
  • sarahvanb
    Options
    I'm giving up chocolate in 2012 too! :) good luck to everyone!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I am seriously hooked on chocolate - eat far too much daily and while I am not gaining I know it is undermining the other good work I do. I really want and need to cut down in 2012 and wondered if there are others struggling with the same thing (doesn't have to be chocolate could be another food demon) and wanted to form a group.
    OUCH!
    Why give anything up? When we continually deprive ourselves, it leads to failure.
    That's why Alcoholics Anonymous has a 95% failure rate. All those poor drunks in those little meetings being told they can never drink ever again.

It doesn't work!
    Do what you feel is best, but I allow all things but in moderation.
    And on "free day" - anything I want, and my results speak for itself.
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    hells to the no
  • abbbigayl
    abbbigayl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I went from vegetarian to vegan back in October ...that keeps me out of most chocolate. It's actually keeps me away from a lot of processed foods :)
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I can truthfully say that over the years the majority of my weight gain has been by binging on chocolate. I felt like when I started to eat it I just couldn't stop.....I felt consumed by it. Okay, this is what has helped me to overcome my problem with chocolate.........I seldom if ever eat a really nice milk chocolate anymore, it leads me to severe cravings. I now eat very dark chocolate.....I am more quickly satisfied and I eat so much less. Dark chocolate has way less sugar and I think that may be part of the trigger for me with milk chocolate. I eat dark chocolate everyday and I log it. I will say it is a learned taste.....if you haven't had it before you may not like it at first. I now love it. I find that the really nice and enjoyable way to eat it; is to let it melt in your mouth.....not chew it. It gets very rich and yummy as it melts. A nice chocolate is green and black 85%. I also have Lindt 85%......and just take little bites and let it melt in my mouth.