so who agrees with this????

I WISH THAT THEY WOULD JUST ADD A CHAT TO THIS MFP BECAUSE THEN WE WOULD ALL BE ABLE TO JUST CHAT WITH ONE ANOTHER. THAT AND MAKE IT MORE LIKE FACEBOOK WHERE YOU CAN LIKE THINGS AND IT NOTIFIES YOU WHEN YOU GET A COMMENT!!!!!

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    then it would be... facebook.
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING?!?!
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Those features are handy and make the web site "slick". HOwever, I like MPF because it isnt anything like Facebook. It's one of the reasons I spend SO much more time on here then I do on facebook anymore.
  • odusgolp
    Those features are handy and make the web site "slick". HOwever, I like MPF because it isnt anything like Facebook. It's one of the reasons I spend SO much more time on here then I do on facebook anymore.

That, and nobody knows your name ;-)
  • you dont need to know the names of anyone and i hate not knowing if someone has commented on something i posted or anything
  • chefkev
    chefkev Posts: 155 Member
    Everyone knows my name, i wasn't very original
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    then it would be... facebook.
    This1
    WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING?!?!
    And this!
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    but they could have an optional chat room.
  • leslielt
    leslielt Posts: 113 Member
    I only like the part about it let's you know when someone replied to you but otherwise I'm glad its not like facebook b/c then I'd be off of this site for sure
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Meh.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    If you really wanted to chat with your MFPeeps then why don't you add them to your Facebook or Gmail instead?? (Or whatever the heck else you use)

I LOVE that MFP is NOT Facebook and I would hate to see all of the creative ways people think of to motivate one another be turned into silly "like" buttons and all that other Facebook jizz.

MFP is simple and if it takes just a few extra refreshes and a few extra profile checks to get an update so be it.
    You can always turn your e-mail notifications on , if you're that worried. :flowerforyou:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    I'd hate to see a new feature slow this place down more than it already does at times.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I'd hate to see a new feature slow this place down more than it already does at times.

THIS:flowerforyou:
  • If you want this to be more like FB then use FB. The day MFP becomes more like FB is the day I delete my profile. I'm here to aid myself to lose weight not to read reams of unnecessary things from online friends that doesn't help my weight loss. If people like the FB feel then why not add the people you choose to your FB profile?!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Am I the only person who reads all caps really loudly in my head?
  • odusgolp
    Am I the only person who reads all caps really loudly in my head?

*LOL* I've gotten a little used to it only b/c I am in the accounting world and we are in all caps in that our software program. But I STILL say it loud in my head :)
  • well i didnt mean exactly like fb but some what like it like with notifications and if they added a chat it would make it easier to motivate everyone to do what they are here in the first place i have just gotten tired of having to open my profile to be sure that someone didnt comment on my profile or my posts and i hate how i dont get to talk to the people that i meet here other than sending a million messages at once. and i hate to have to check my emails and have hundred plus emails just from here that and to be able to like the people that you are friends with progress
  • k80fox
    k80fox Posts: 92
    I agree that MFP needs to have some sort of an "in site" notification when you have a new message or comment. The email notification is not good because I don't check my email daily and it just goes in my junk box anyway.

With that said, I also agree that I'm glad MFP isn't like FB but I wouldn't go as far as saying I would delete my profile it it was. That seems kind of extreme to me.
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 417 Member
    Have you been on FB lately? If MFP had all the glitches and stupidness that FB continues to get more and more of as it gets "better" i would be less likely to use it...
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    well i didnt mean exactly like fb but some what like it like with notifications and if they added a chat it would make it easier to motivate everyone to do what they are here in the first place i have just gotten tired of having to open my profile to be sure that someone didnt comment on my profile or my posts and i hate how i dont get to talk to the people that i meet here other than sending a million messages at once. and i hate to have to check my emails and have hundred plus emails just from here that and to be able to like the people that you are friends with progress

I imagine if you speak the way you type, you'd probably be very winded by the end of your paragraph.