tilapia and rice

Options
TrishaLeighNelson
TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
I bought a bag of frozen tilapia the other day, but I have noon clue how to cook them or what to cook them with. I'd like something easy as I'm not very good with spices, but I don't like my fish tasting fishy, so I like lots of flavor.
Also, how in heck do I cook rice?! Ive tried instant probably 6-7 times, its always hard! What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Tilapia is a great fish if you don't like the fishy taste. I usually poach it (cook it in water, instead of oil or butter) with some salt and pepper.

For instant rice, Boil 1 cup of water. When it's boiled. add 1 cup of instant rice. Put the lid on the pot. Take it off the stove. And wait 5 minutes. Perfect every time. This would be 3 or 4 servings.
  • Annalisa419
    Annalisa419 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I normally thaw them, salt & pepper it (maybe throw in some seasoning like lemon pepper or cajun spice, whatever you're in the mood for), and broil them for about three minutes per side. I love them because it's a nice portion size, they thaw quickly, and it's a tasty meal for not a lot of work. I always have some in my freezer.
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Huh, I always wondered what poach meant, turns out ive been doing it! Haha
    Thanks for the suggestions guys! Any sides to go with it other than rice and veggies?

Oh, and thanks for the rice help! The box has me put more water than that so maybe that's why
  • Pam1300
    Options
    I love tilapia. I like to poach it with a can of diced tomatoes, black olives, onions, & mushrooms. It takes about 15 minutes to cook and it is delicious.

13263352.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I love tilapia. I like to poach it with a can of diced tomatoes, black olives, onions, & mushrooms. It takes about 15 minutes to cook and it is delicious.

This sounds heavenly ,I might do that with the piece of sole in my freezer for lunch tomorrow.

Also,I find rice cookers make the best rice hands down!