Bunion Pain?

Options
I have bunions. I think they are hereditary as my mom has them and I probably did not help the problem with the shoes I wore at work at my old job a couple of years ago. It's only recently that I have been getting bunion pain after a long work out or excessive walking. I bought some of those toe separators you put between your big toe and they do help.

I also bought some gel toe separators used for painting your toe nails and was wondering if wearing those a few mins a day would help with toe spacing. I looked into "yogatoes" but they are pretty expensive and I can do essentially the same thing wearing a pair of toe separators on each foot.

I've also started doing yoga for other reasons but I hope it will help with bunion pain too. I would really like to avoid surgery, it looks horrifying.

Replies

• runner805
    runner805 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I've tried toe separators but I found them painful. All the women in my family (yes, we are cursed also) have found comfort in Bunion Booties. They also emailed us a coupon for $10 off once - feel free to try it. "BB10". I wear mine in my running shoes, it's quite comfortable. I would go with the smaller size if you buy (they come in 4 sizes)....but that's just my suggestion :)

Happy working out!
    Linda
  • thinkpositive3
    thinkpositive3 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Find a chiropractor that has a record of helping people with bunions. My daughter had trouble with her after walking around the pool all summer with no arch support (gotta love flip-flops :). I took her to my chiropractor and after several treatments (twice a week for a month) she saw dramatic improvement. It's worth a try!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I've tried toe separators but I found them painful. All the women in my family (yes, we are cursed also) have found comfort in Bunion Booties. They also emailed us a coupon for $10 off once - feel free to try it. "BB10". I wear mine in my running shoes, it's quite comfortable. I would go with the smaller size if you buy (they come in 4 sizes)....but that's just my suggestion :)

Happy working out!
    Linda

Thank you! I will check them out!