lol....this is funny!

molsongirl
molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
What Would Jesus Drive?
Most people assume WWJD is for “What would Jesus do?” But the initials really stand for “What would Jesus drive?”

One theory is that the Almighty would tool around in an old Plymouth because the Bible says "God drove Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden in a Fury.”

But in Psalm 83, God clearly owns a Pontiac and a Geo. The passage urges the Lord to “pursue your enemies with your Tempest and terrify them with your Storm.”

Perhaps the Lord favors Dodge pickup trucks, as Moses' followers were warned not to go up a mountain “until the Ram's horn sounds a long blast.”

Some scholars insist that Jesus drove a Honda but didn't like to talk about it. As proof, they cite a verse in John's gospel where Christ tells the crowd, “For I did not speak of my own Accord.”

Meanwhile, Moses rode an old British motorcycle, as evidenced by a Bible passage declaring, “the roar of Moses' Triumph is heard in the hills.”

Joshua drove a Triumph sports car with a hole in its muffler: “Joshua's Triumph was heard throughout the land.”

And, following the Master's lead, the Apostles car-pooled in a Honda: “The Apostles were in one Accord

Replies

• molsongirl
    What Would Jesus Drive?
    Most people assume WWJD is for “What would Jesus do?” But the initials really stand for “What would Jesus drive?”

One theory is that the Almighty would tool around in an old Plymouth because the Bible says "God drove Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden in a Fury.”

But in Psalm 83, God clearly owns a Pontiac and a Geo. The passage urges the Lord to “pursue your enemies with your Tempest and terrify them with your Storm.”

Perhaps the Lord favors Dodge pickup trucks, as Moses' followers were warned not to go up a mountain “until the Ram's horn sounds a long blast.”

Some scholars insist that Jesus drove a Honda but didn't like to talk about it. As proof, they cite a verse in John's gospel where Christ tells the crowd, “For I did not speak of my own Accord.”

Meanwhile, Moses rode an old British motorcycle, as evidenced by a Bible passage declaring, “the roar of Moses' Triumph is heard in the hills.”

Joshua drove a Triumph sports car with a hole in its muffler: “Joshua's Triumph was heard throughout the land.”

And, following the Master's lead, the Apostles car-pooled in a Honda: “The Apostles were in one Accord
  • :laugh:
    that is great..... I LOVE IT.
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    amen!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    :tongue: :laugh:
  • Luv2Travel1
    Luv2Travel1 Posts: 14 Member
    Very cute - thanks for sharing.:flowerforyou:
  • molsongirl
    Very cute - thanks for sharing.:flowerforyou:

I'm having one of those days, I don't wanna think about anything serious, just lighthearted brain fart kinda stuff, sometimes a little chuckle can chnae our whole modd! and since I'm having dinner with inlaws tonight celebrating a birthday, I need some pre game humour! :bigsmile: