Is anybody else following Dr. Phil's The Ultimate Weight Sol

Options
This is what I've been using since '06 and I was just wondering if anybody else is following the advice given in the book? I have been an emotional eater my entire life, traced my first food obsession to1st grade and this was the first piece of literature I'd ever read that actually spoke to me. And believe me, it didn't whisper, it yelled!

I know a lot of people don't care for Dr. P in general but this book seriously changed my life and how I look and deal with food. I am back on the weight loss wagon after giving birth in October (over 100 lbs to lose and not all baby weight either) and still plan on using his tools for my emotional support but now I want to add in MFP for the calorie part and maybe get some "support" on the boards.

Replies

• Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    This is what I've been using since '06 and I was just wondering if anybody else is following the advice given in the book? I have been an emotional eater my entire life, traced my first food obsession to1st grade and this was the first piece of literature I'd ever read that actually spoke to me. And believe me, it didn't whisper, it yelled!

I know a lot of people don't care for Dr. P in general but this book seriously changed my life and how I look and deal with food. I am back on the weight loss wagon after giving birth in October (over 100 lbs to lose and not all baby weight either) and still plan on using his tools for my emotional support but now I want to add in MFP for the calorie part and maybe get some "support" on the boards.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the book but I've heard a lot of great things about it. I'm an emotional eater, too. Welcome to MFP!!!:flowerforyou: There's a lot of great advice here and fantastic support. Best of luck to you on your journey to a healthier you.:flowerforyou:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I have a few weightloss books, his included, but must admit as I read it didn't touch me all that much. I am not an emotional eater....don't binge and so on........I am a bored eater....eating cause I am bored, or mindless. This has changed for me now. I think I may just start reading Dr. P so I have another opinion though...why not? What can it hurt rigt?

Good luck on your weight loss and healthy eatin'

56259.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter