Here I Go Again

Options
Hello everyone, in 2010 I lost 50 lbs, met someone got married in August 2011 and have already gained back 30 lbs from the time we started dating. So this is at least the third time I have lost and gained back the weight. It has to stop now! I went shopping for something to wear on New Year's Eve and was totally disgusted at what I saw in the mirror. Hope this site will help my journey. The upside, I only have 30 to lose this time.

Replies

• Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome and good luck you will find so much inspiration here x
  • Melai1887
    Options
    I just wanted to say good luck! I understand where you are comming from as far as having to go through it over and over again. I'm in a slump at the moment and trying my hardest to pull myself out of it. when i met my husband i weighed around 160 pounds gained about 10-15 just being comfortable and staying in alot. then i became pregnant and had two beautiful boys but by the end of it all i reached 262 pounds! I never felt that big. until i saw pictures. when a family member decided to make fun of me at a holiday dinner in front of everyone i think that did it for me. i became depressed and determined. I now weigh around 175 but still have more to go. for some reason i'm at a stopping point! I really don't want to be because my body is NO WHERE near where it needs to be! and surley doesn't look 175.. anyways good luck,30 pounds is possible! :happy:
  • Jba727
    Options
    Thanks a lot!
  • bigtwagner
    Options
    welcome! I've been on and off with my journey! I'm hoping I get make the changes needed to get to my goals in 2012. Good luck with your journey. Add me if you'd like. Happy New Years!
  • Repeat2011
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I am starting over again too and I just have to do this for the last time. When I am at or close to my goal, I seem to lose my focus and then gain it all back. This time I want to remember each and every day how good "thin" feels so I don't slip backwards. Good luck!
  • steffihoney
    Options
    Lots and lots of luck to you! You can do it again!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    There is no time like today to get started. Shopping for clothes will sure put pressure on. MFP hasa worked for me and I have lost a reasonable amount with some to go. So much support and information here. Best of luck to you and less of you in 2011!
  • jtdink1121
    Options
    Welcome! I can totally relate. Within the past year i have lost 30lbs and put on 40lbs. I have 31 more to lose to be back at my pre pregnancy weight.
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You can do this- you know how - the trick is keeping it off - I've learned how to do that just this year - here it is - NEVER LEAVE MFP, LOG FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!

I'm going to!

Feel free to friend me if you want another lifetime commitment! LOL
  • Erin51
    Erin51 Posts: 35
    Options
    The back and forth of losing and gaining weight is so frustrating. I hope that we can help each other figure out what will get us to stay on the losing side! Sending you loads of good thoughts...:smile: