Goals for 2012

Options
sgorski63
sgorski63 Posts: 7 Member
Well we're almost there, 2012. I started trying to lose weight in March when I weighed 176lbs. I basically just counted calories using a different site...shhhh, don't tell! While I dropped to 160 by May 1st, I basically never exercised and stopped counting calories as summer approached. Needless to say by Halloween I was a robust 170lb again. At that point I quit soda all together and 3 weeks later quit coffee. I also started MFP Nov 1st and started running again.Currently at 157lbs and counting.

Now that the New year is upon us I decided that I need to create some realistic goals for the year. Something attainable, but only with continued effort. So here we go:

Dieting/Health: Reduce weight to 150 and continue to track calories AFTER achieving that goal.

Exercise: started running Nov1 and couldn't run a mile without stopping and huffing. Currently running 3-4 miles 4-5 times per week

Goal: Run a 5k in under 27 minutes....almost there, will readjust after completion

Motivation: To keep exercising sign up for 1 race every month. Nothing motivates like potential public embarrassment!

Final goal: Remember to have fun!

How about everybody else?