Any roadies/cyclists? Holla with your bike's name!

Hey folks!
I was wondering if any of you got into the awesomesauce sport of cycling along your journey? Did you name your bike? Let's talk bikes :)

My "other man" is a Scott Contessa (I figured I'd get an entry level and if I didn't like it, I wouldn't have dropped 3 grand)
His name is En Fuego
My "other, other man" is a Specialized Rock Hopper
His name is Fat Boy

Replies

• rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    I don't have a proper name for my bike, but it's a beautiful white Specialized Allez Triple. I <3 it! My brother and I did a 60 miler in November into the wind the entire way and it kicked our butts, but we usually try to ride 10-20 miles once a week.
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    I actually have been a cyclist since I was a kid. Dropped it for a while, then picked it back up after healing from my injury. Droppod it for a while again, then started riding with a real purpose about 6 years ago. I try to get in at least a couple 20 milers and a 40+ each week.
    I ride a giant tcr comp road bike, and a kona mountain bike. Can't say I named them though. If I were to name it(road bike), it would probably be my "little mule".
  • InTenn
    InTenn Posts: 99
    I kept trying different names, but they never seemed to come when I called, so I just gave up. A couple of months ago, I upgraded to a Giant Cypress DX and the seller threw in a Diamondback Response. Both are fun and a lot better than the walmart bike I started with, but the snob appeal is pretty low. I'm good with that.
  • Oh lord, here we go!

Mustang Sally -Trek 1000 (my first road bike - currently hanging up in the stable missing a set of wheel and cranks)
    JiJi - Fuji Cross Pro - my cross racin' bike
    Heidi - Gary Fisher Hi-Fi Pro 29er full suspension mtb
    Jami - my hardtail Jamis full carbon mtb endurance race machine
    Crash - Identiti 24 inch rigid dirt jump / bmx bike
    currently unnamed - new carbon Felt road bike (she's new to the stable and hasn't earned a name yet)

Jeni
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Well, at least we know that the Felt is a girl :) That's half the battle!!!!
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Although I do not have a formal name for my bike, I do believe I've heard it refered to as "her" as in when my wife says "are you going to spend time with her again?" Anyways, I ride a Trek 8500 that I've somewhat converted into a road bike. I've logged about 1200 miles this year and will shoot for 2000 miles in 2012. :happy: btw, my wife is very supportive of my riding...she is awesome !
  • AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    btw, my wife is very supportive of my riding...she is awesome !

That's the important part! Good stuff!
  • Out of my 4 bikes, only one has earned a name.....
    My battered and neglected cross bike (Ridley Cross-back when they were still made in the Benelux) goes by the somewhat shameful name of 'pig'...
    As for the rest, Cervelo Soloist, Pinarello Stelvio and the steel Look track bike, nothing yet...
  • chelso0o
    Out of my 4 bikes, only one has earned a name.....
    My battered and neglected cross bike (Ridley Cross-back when they were still made in the Benelux) goes by the somewhat shameful name of 'pig'...
    As for the rest, Cervelo Soloist, Pinarello Stelvio and the steel Look track bike, nothing yet...

You have quite the fleet!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    My first bike was Herbie (like the Love Bug) and my second bike is Gia. Because she's a Gios.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,066 Member
    mine is called Counselor Troi
  • chelso0o
    My first bike was Herbie (like the Love Bug) and my second bike is Gia. Because she's a Gios.

Nice tat :) IMAZ? IMFL? IMNYC?
  • I have two bikes my favourite being a road bike which is being serviced the other one is a normal everyday bike which I call Chunky Punk because it has chunky tyres and is a bit of a punk to get up hills. Have not named my other bike yet.
  • My ride is an Orbea ONIX (Spanish brand), it's a roadie. My wife calls it the 'Other Woman'........LOL
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    I never thought to name my bike...but I have a Trek 2200. :smile:
  • grobbygru
    grobbygru Posts: 292 Member
    Mine is by default (it is her model)

but her name is Nancy - a particularly funny night was had recently when camping and this gay drunk guy got on her and was tearing around the bush and talking to her!!!!
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    I'm on my college's cycling team! My bike is an 87 puegot triathalon, and she's a beauty!!! I tend to think of her as old faithful... I mean seriously, she's older than me, and sails through over 150 miles a week of riding! Love her!!!
  • chelso0o
    I'm on my college's cycling team! My bike is an 87 puegot triathalon, and she's a beauty!!! I tend to think of her as old faithful... I mean seriously, she's older than me, and sails through over 150 miles a week of riding! Love her!!!

I'm on a cycling team too! I mainly do crits, but I think I'm going to do a couple of road races this year. We'll see! What races do you do?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    My Raleigh R600 is named Y2K, because that's when I got it and it's model year.

With another 40 miler tomorrow, this year with 2 summer months off due to surgery, will still end up with 1150 miles, 65 hrs, 66000 calories.
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    i don't ride often at all, but i have a pale yellow Trek Calypso (it's a beach-cruiser) that i ride mainly for fun, and because of its color, i call it The Banana Queen :)