Low Calorie Smoothies

Anybody have an awesome smoothie recipe that is low in calories? I am willing to try just about anything ;)

Replies

• jrogersj
    jrogersj Posts: 115 Member
    Any ideas on this?
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Lately I have been making a berry smoothie, 2/3 cup of frozen strawberries (50 cal), 1/2 cup blueberries (don't have to be frozen 60 cal) or half banana (50 cal), 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk (20 calories), and one scoop of Whey 60 protein powder chocolate flavor (about 90 cal). I put in a bowl and use a hand blender to blend it, and it actually makes two full servings, about 110 calories each (depending which ingredients you pick) each with a good amount of protein (11 grams) and fiber (4 grams) and sooo yummy! I drink one (or both if I'm hungry) and if I only have one, I put the other in a cup and in the fridge for later, not quite as "slushy" but especially when you use banana in it, tastes pretty good even later.
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    This will make 6 servings... freeze the rest so then you'll have some already made for later

3 cups frozen blueberries
    2 medium bananas
    2 cups frozen strawberries
    3 cups 100% apple juice

147 cals/ per 8 ounce serving.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    A heck of a lot of sugar in those smoothies though!

I'm not a smoothie drinker but I'd be inclined to try and introduce some veggies in order to lower the sugar. What about berries, skim milk and a sollop of low fat natural yoghurt?
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    nothing wrong with sugar
  • i use slim fast and mix it with soy milk and one banana. tastes soo good! has the consistency of a thick shake