Trying to enact a change in time for the "Big 3-0"

Options
I've been struggling with my weight since puberty, both physically and emotionally. When I was a teenager I would have much rathered to sit inside and read a book all day then go outside and be active. As a 20-something, I waivered between being outdoors and being active and being a bookworm. Now, I'm a solely-single mom to a very active 1 year old, who is getting more active each day. I want to be the kind of mom that runs and plays with my son, that can actually keep up with him and encourage him to become an active adult. The Big 30 is only 5 1/2 months away and I want to be well on my way to a healthier lifestyle by then. I have not yet set an actual weight goal for my 30th birthday, but by Monday I will have. In the meantime, I'm becoming increasingly more disgusted by my wiggly belly and how easily I can become short of breath.

Taking an honest look at myself; my biggest challenges will be:
1. Working out. Making the time for it and staying committed. Making physical activity a priority within a limited amount of time.
2. Night time snacking. Once the baby goes to bed I have a hard time limiting my intake.
3. Sweets. I love 'em! Changing my tastes and craving fruit instead of cookies.
4. Doing all of this with financial and physical constraints.

New Years is right around the corner and although this seems very "ResolutionY", the truth is I NEED to do this. I am fully aware that my body type puts my organs at risk, my father died of lung cancer at an early age and my mom was just diagnosed with diabetes even though she's not really overweight and eats really well. I feel like a walking, ticking time bomb. But even with all of these truths, I still don't feel the kick in my *kitten* that I think I should be feeling. I feel like I'm missing that big wind of gusto that gets people going. But maybe that's what I've always gone on before and why I've always quit and gained the weight back (?).... I've relied on that gusto to get me going and to sustain me. But I need a steady roar to be succesfull. A constant determination that helps me make good choices day in and day out.

Any advice, tips, encouragement and maybe every once in a while that kick in the *kitten*, is appreciated.