What the?!?!?!?!??!

Options
So I am DEFINITELY not complaining, but is it possible to lose 5 pounds within a matter of days? Like from Tuesday to now?! I've been steadily losing for the past week, stepped on the scale tonight and I'm down two pounds from this morning. I understand that that's likely water weight, and since I got my period tonight I realize I was probably bloated, but I've still been losing regardless?

How the heck does this work? I have been doing at least a mini workout everyday with strength training and calisthenics, and my daily caloric intake is anywhere between 1200 and 1400, net has been at or below 1200 since... Thursday. Prior to Christmas I was eating 1000 calories and I found that I wasn't losing very quickly. I've been good at staying within an acceptable sodium range, drinking lots of water, over my protein and under my fat mostly.

Someone please look at my diary and tell me what the heck is going on? Am I actually losing fat?

Replies

• Boring2Fit
    Options
    Generally weight falls a lot quicker at the beginning of the weight loss journey. It could also be that your metabolism has increased due to rising your calorie intake. Nonetheless, keep working at it! Nothing to worry about :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    It kind of depends on what your calorie deficit is set at. MFP is really only guesstimating. At a 1,000 calorie deficit a day, you still could lose more than 2 lbs a week if your BMR has been underestimated which I find to be the case with MFP.
  • FaithHopeTrust
    FaithHopeTrust Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've lost 14lbs in one week before.
    So yes, it's possible.
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I weighed this morning and have lost over 3 lbs in 3 days since I last weighed. So sure, it's possible.

This is more than I normally expect and usually I weigh once a week but needed to weigh this morning, as part of the December challenge I have been doing. Typically I lose 4.5 lbs per week but I am in a large deficit and burn a lot of cals exercising. I certainly wouldn't recommend it for smaller people, with less to lose though.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I drop a lot over night a couple of days into a period. Generally I gain about 4-6lb before a period starts and on day 1, and then lose it pretty quickly.