Talk to Me About Water...

Options
I just started trying to do better with my water intake and noticed I "ker-chunked" 3 pounds since then.

What's the mechanism? I figured fat was "burned" by the body, but does the water have something to do with it, too? I was under the impression that it really serves to flush the toxins from the burned fat out of your body, but now I think there's more to it.

TIA!

Replies

• thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I just started trying to do better with my water intake and noticed I "ker-chunked" 3 pounds since then.

What's the mechanism? I figured fat was "burned" by the body, but does the water have something to do with it, too? I was under the impression that it really serves to flush the toxins from the burned fat out of your body, but now I think there's more to it.

TIA!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Hi:happy: ...hang in there water is most definitely good stuff!:drinker: :wink: As we up our intake a bit of weight gain may not be that unusual, Just as when we make the switch over to healthy eating vs. less than healthy eating some folks see themselves go a up a few lbs at first.:noway:

Keep up with the water intake and you will be seeing wonderful changes not only weight wise, but your skin, energy, and even memory is effected by getting plenty of hydration. Our bodies most definitely need water to flush out toxins etc. SO many awesome benefits by drinking water!:drinker:

Sounds like you've got the right idea...keep it up, you'll soon see results!:drinker: :tongue:

FC:heart:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Fitness_Chick, what an inspiration you are! Your life is truly All-New! To say, "Keep up the good work" would be so inadequate. Keep up the Good Life, you ROCK!

I refilled my water glass! :laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Fitness_Chick, what an inspiration you are! Your life is truly All-New! To say, "Keep up the good work" would be so inadequate. Keep up the Good Life, you ROCK!

I refilled my water glass! :laugh:
    :drinker: :wink: Thank you! Now go get another glass!:tongue::laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: