Let's be LOSERS together!

Options
Hi all. I'm new, and looking to lose about 40 pounds. I know the best way to lose weight and stick with it is with the support of friends, so let me know if you're interested in helping me out! I'll do the same for you. I'm a motivated mom of three who's battled with my weight in some way, shape or form since I was a pre-teen. I do work out, and have even run four marathons (last one about a year ago), but it's the FOOD that always gets me in the end (literally - ha ha)! I use it as a crutch for everything - when I'm stressed, when I'm happy, when I'm mad, when I'm celebrating. And portion control??? Please! So, here I am, ready to start a new journey in 2012, and I'm not even waiting until the new year officially starts! NO MORE EXCUSES! Please help. Thanks all!

Replies

• KerriPerske
    Options
    Hi there!
    I'm not real new to MyFitnessPal, but I just started really taking a look at the support part of the program. It's wonderful to see so many people working on their goals together!
    I've lost a little over 30 pounds to date and have 17 more to go to reach my second goal! I'm feeling great!

I am definitely an emotional eater as well. It's tough! Especially over weekends and holidays!

So, Welcome!
    Bring on 2012!
  • pyknicpie
    Options
    Lol. Love that title. And remember that every one of your marathons (well done BTW) started with a single step!

I'm counting my calories today and so far am feeling good - but support IS what's needed.

And as far as portion control goes I've decided that whatever I think is the right amount to eat, I'm gonna halve it!

Angie I'm sure that you'll do this. No more excuses!
  • gailashton
    Options
    You can so do this. Mind over matter girlfriend, that's all it is. Nothing tastes as good as I feel and as good as you can feel. I open my diary to all my friends hoping it will help them and help me. I would love to be your friend and support. I've still got another 15 pounds until my goal, but this is for life for me this time. I am never going to have to do this again, it's a lifestyle change....I am commited to this forever!.
  • loulou2085
    Options
    I am also an emotional eater, whether it be happy or sad, but I hope I can lose some weight. I haven't set myself a goal yet as I just want to see how I get on at first so I can grasp what would be realistic target for me.

If you would like to add me you are more than welcome and I will try to be supportive where I can be

If anyone else would like to add me, then go for it, the more the merrier!!
  • tammyll3
    Options
    Welcome! Glad you are here! Feel free to add me!
  • dyeazle
    Options
    Looking to lose together as well. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • nalliebell
    nalliebell Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a loser with you lol

I am trying....no I will shed the last 40-45 lbs in 2012:flowerforyou:
  • Steph13RN
    Steph13RN Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Angie girl ... we've got this!! Nothing more than the support from people who are in the same journey and can understand. I tend to sabotage myself when mad/angry and figure what am I doing this for. Well for once and for all this journey is about ME!! We will help each other over the hurdles ... 2012 is our year!