Shocked into Reality! It's Been a Great 2011!!!!!

Options
This morning I weighed in and took my measurements as usual. Although I did lose 0.5 of the four pounds gained over the holidays, I was shocked to see my measurements go up ALL over! I gained anywhere from 1/8" to a 1/2" in nearly every measurement area. NOOOOooooo!!!!! However, this was a good wake-up call for me! I'm throwing out the last of my Christmas goodies (that chocolate-mint Ferrera chocolate that I've been clinging to), because it's NOT worth it! I got several nice outfits with accessories for Christmas, and I donated all of my "fat clothes" months ago. I refuse to go back to that place again! I love my skinny clothes and the way I feel now. The old me is NOT welcome here again!

This just goes to prove that old habits die hard. I visited several of my old bad habits again over Christmas....lack of sleep, not drinking enough water, not being careful of my food choices (not over eating....just poor food choices), and not enough exercise. Right now, I'm thanking the good Lord above for reminding me that I have to work at this day in and day out. It took far too long to lose those pounds and inches, and it's just not worth it. So, I'm gonna chalk this up as a learning experience and move on from here. Food is addicting for me, especially the sweets, and I must let all those temptations go. Bye-bye Ferrera chocolate, hello water, exercise, sleep, and healthy food choices. I know what my goals are and I will reach them. Glad I joined the 2012 Biggest Loser Bathing Suit Challenge too. This will further help in my motivation to lose pounds, inches, and make better choices!

This little blog is just to prove to you that weight loss and exercise is a life long process. I've had great success this year and I couldn't be happier. For that I am thankful! It's been an incredible 2011 for me! However, I could let my poor choices and failure during the holidays get me down then throw in the towel. But failure is part of the game. You don't win every time. After all, it's not how many times you fail but how many times you pick yourself up! Yes, I've been bruised and even bleeding, but I'm staying in the game for the long haul.

Making public my successes, failures, blogs, and goals to you helps me....hopefully it can help you too. Writing is therapeutic for me. I don't write to boast....I do it to be real. You know me, and you know what I looked like 45 pounds heavier in February 2011. You also know that I've worked my butt off...I haven't starved myself, and I haven't banned certain foods. I want to give you a HUGE "THANK YOU" to all of you who have encouraged me throughout this process and those of you who have taken the time to compliment me on my weight loss over this past year. I feel a great responsibility to each and every one of you to keep on going and stay in the fight. I must remain accountable to my maker, myself, and all of you. YOU have helped me to be successful! So, thanks again for holding me accountable....this is one of the reasons that I have made my weight loss journey public. It has been a treat to have many of you join me in your own weight loss journey. Many of you have lost an awesome amount of weight too...family and friends! I'm so PROUD of you!!! Keep up the good work! For those of you who haven't begun your journey, please climb aboard! There's no time like the present....just set your goals, make sure they're realistic, then go for them. I remember when I first got started, I decided to exercise six days a week for six weeks. I wanted to make a habit for myself, and I wanted to prove that I wasn't a quitter. That's what I did, and the rest is history! You can do it too!

I don't know what the future holds, but I do know who holds the future. I know I must continue to work hard to reach my goals.....

Here are my goals for January 2012:
1. Keep track of ALL calories (I didn't do this during the week of Christmas).
2. Keep track of my water intake - I want to drink 10 cups daily.
3. Exercise SIX days a week beginning January 1, 2012.
4. Weight train three days a week.
5. Increase my calorie burns by exercising twice a day.

Happy 2012 everyone! Be safe tonight and BE SMART in your choices! You'll be glad you were!!!!! =)

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. -- 1 Corinthians 9:24

That is the way I run, with a clear goal in mind. That is the way I fight, not like someone shadow boxing. -- 1 Corinthians 9:26

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. -- Hebrews 12:1

Replies

• CAT223
    CAT223 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love you, woman! 2012 look out. Here we come!
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I love you, woman! 2012 look out. Here we come!

Love you too! It should be a great year!