Salmon- How can I make it yummy...

Options
How do you cook your Salmon?

I need to know time and temp (maybe grill?)

It is NYE so I'm willing to splerge on butter or oil...

Please tell me your favorite Salmon Recipe :)

Replies

• CL84
    CL84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    iceland frozen fillets
    place in foil sprinkle with lemon juice olive oil salt and pepper and cook as per instructions in the oven wrapped in the foil

DELICIOUS!!!!

add some steamed veg and your laughing
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Hard to say how you may like your salmon but as far as time and temp is concerned you can basically go by thickness. 1" @ 400 degree's takes about 8 minutes and make adjustments from there. Just don't overcook it.
  • terra_angelica
    Options
    Oh! Dill, any italian seasoning like basil, oregano., thyme, a little lemon juice, light salt if you like, and you can even sprinkle some panko bread crumbs and bake them. Delish!!! I love salmon!
  • Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Slice lemons, limes and oranges and place on top of salmon, season with mint...bake...yummmmm
  • danniellexxx
    Options
    Steam it and put it with vegetables...
    Mash it up and have it with some pasta....
    many ways :)
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I much prefer mine fried - I don't use any oil, just start with it skin down so the natural oils come out. I flip it a few times, usually takes about 10mins tops and it's nice and crispy on the outside :)
  • purpadillo
    purpadillo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to cook salmon is to mix 1 chopped chipotle pepper (from the can) with ~1.5- 2 T of the adobe sauce, 1 T brown sugar, 1 T olive oil, 2-3 minced garlic cloves, and ~1/4-1/2 tsp kosher salt. Then, you smear it all over your fillet and let it marinate in the fridge for ~2 hrs (it tastes pretty good if you don't marinate, but better with it). Then, put the salmon fillet skin side down on some aluminum foil and throw it on the grill until cooked through. Once the salmon is cooked through, the meat will peel away from the skin, but the skin won't be stuck to your grill.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    I love salmon. It's hard to make it NOT yummy. However you cook it, just don't overcook it.

My favorite way to prepare it is on a plank (cedar or alder) on the barbecue. My second favorite way is to bake it at 375° for about 15 minutes. I use a lemon juice and Chef Paul Prudhomme's "Salmon Magic" seasoning, but lemon juice and salt works well too.