Holiday Success

Options
I don't know about you but normally around the holidays it's really easy to binge, and gain weight. Well, I weighed myself on the 24th, and then again today (weekly weigh-in). I had lost weight! Just a pound and a half, but I was sick this week on top of it and didn't get in as much exercise as I would have liked. Congratulations to everyone that has managed to lose weight during this time of year!

Happy New Year!

Replies

• chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Wish I could say the same..... a 3lb gain for me, but I deserved every ounce of it :(

Back to the grindstone from tomorrow!

Well done on your weight loss, but sorry that it was because you were poorly!
  • fuzzimama
    Options
    Yay well done! I'm also really pleased to have 'survived' the Christmas period and still be slowly losing. I'm especially thrilled that I have enjoyed some of my normal Christmas baking and goodies every single day (and didn't log on Christmas day), but MFP has helped me get real about just how much of that yummy baking I should be enjoying (which is probably about a quarter of what I would normally be eating over the Christmas month - eek!)

Happy New Year.
  • regions02
    regions02 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    That's great! I didn't gain either! I actually found that I didn't really want all the sweets I have in the past. I did have a piece of cake on Christmas day and it actually made me feel sick!
  • VeggieKelli
    VeggieKelli Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! I also lost a few pounds, but this isn't usually too bad of an eating binge time for me. I do however usually drink a lot, and I am proud to say that I haven't drank more than 2 glasses of alcohol in the last month! Tonight I plan on having my third, yay!
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! I lost 2 lbs over the holiday (yes, the only 2lbs lost has been over the holiday...crazy, huh?) and can honestly say I didn't feel like I missed out on anything! I ate what I wanted but I definitely tried not to hover around the food like I usually do! I didn't have to be "rolled" out to the car to go home lol I think we're on our way!! :-)
  • lauragoat
    lauragoat Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I lost 3 3/4 over the holidays! Don't know how because I did eat several (about 4) cookies. But I did it!

P.S. Cookies that somehow got to my house after the cookie exchange hit the trash can! I couldn't stand it!

You did good over the holidays! Let's have a fantastic 2012!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!