frustrated

Options
Wondering if anyone is having the same issue as me.

I have been on the program for 2 weeks now. I have been very accurate in my food, maintain my calories and have been working out - however I haven't lost a pound!! I am getting to the point where I'm now losing motivation cause I have nothing to show for the effort I have put in!!! arg!

Replies

• shaynak
    Options
    Wondering if anyone is having the same issue as me.

I have been on the program for 2 weeks now. I have been very accurate in my food, maintain my calories and have been working out - however I haven't lost a pound!! I am getting to the point where I'm now losing motivation cause I have nothing to show for the effort I have put in!!! arg!
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I have been at it for 3 weeks and have lost 6 lbs. but hoped for more. Are you drinking water? I find that helps me! Maybe you are gaining muscle and will shortly see the weight loss.
    Remember, the weight didn't get there in 2 weeks. It will take time. Don't give up!! Some days are more frustrating than others. Are your clothes fitting better? Some people lose inches before weight too. Hang in there!:flowerforyou:
  • Beth082485
    Options
    Don't feel bad.... I am the same way.... I've been counting my calories, working out, not going over or under, and I've only lost a few pounds since the 1st of January.. And I keep on losing a few, gaining it back. You just have to be patient unfortunately.... It's hard, and sometimes I want to give in, but we all just have to remember that it didn't take us days to put on the weight, and it definetely won't take us days to take off the weight either.... Just be optimistic and keep on working hard!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    It doesn't come off over night. You may be losing inches and gaining muscle. Be patient. Slow and steady win the race.
    It took over 3 weeks before I started really seeing changes.
    Good luck and it will happen:flowerforyou:
  • shaynak
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement - and yes I've been drinking soooo much water! I guess you are right, I'm looking for fast results in something that needs to be long term. I'll keep plugging away! thank you :)
  • number8
    number8 Posts: 12
    Options
    When I first got serious about getting healthy, it took 4-6 weeks of exercising and working out before my body got the message!! So don't give up - it will happen!

Now that I have been at it for awhile, I discovered that I can't loose weight when I am consuming sugar. I have to watch my sugar intake very closely. You might want to try cutting back on sugar. You will be surprised to find sugar is in almost everything!

Two things to think about. Good luck!
  • shenitamo
    shenitamo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Ditto with the salt. That has been my problem. And eating a lot of sodium and drinking a lot more water don't mix, so take a look at that too.
    Keep going!!!
  • bricker06
    bricker06 Posts: 316
    Options
    you could also try adding a little weight to your cardio. i carry weights when i walk. having a little extra weight helps to burn extra calories. valerie bertenelli says she wheres a 15 lb vest when doing cardio. since she has lost weight she wasnt burning the same amount of calories and seemed to be at a stand still. the extra weight will help to burn extra cals in turn it might help to jump start the drop in pounds. dont give up it will happen for you, good luck. jenny