I'm a newbie :)

Options
Hello :)

Well here's the story....I'm a 20 year old female weighing in at 12 stone 12lbs, I was this exact weight when I was age 18 but managed to get down to 9 stone 13lbs through slimming world, atkins, and weight watchers. I've slowly put all the weight back on! :( Now its the start of a new year I want to get back into shape! It's my 21st birthday in March and i'm going to Italy in May so I want to lose weight for these two events. Im currently a size 14-16 and what to get back down to a 10-12. I have a gym membership, so shall be going to the gym for an hour 3 times a week. How is fitness pal working for everyone else? Are you all losing weight? I'm tired of paying for slimming world and weight watchers memberships so thought I'd try this out. I've got the app on my phone and think its great using the barcode scanner to track the calories!

Thanks for reading, Rebecca :) x

Replies

• buckeyetex315
    buckeyetex315 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Rebecca -
    Welcome. I'm pretty new around MFP myself. Been at my weight loss about a month. Have lost 16 pounds. Started at 280 pounds and my goal weight is 200 toned and fit pounds.

Feel free to send me a friend request if you wish. Would look forward to being your friend.

I live in Austin, TX, am married to a wonderful woman who is very supportive of my weight loss. More details on my profile.

Hope to talk with you later.

Brent
    aka buckeyetex315
  • lovinbutterflys
    lovinbutterflys Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hey you can you add me as a friend! My name is Rachel I am 24 and will be 25 on March 22 your birthday is the day before mine! Cool!! Anyway I am glad you are on this site once you start meeting friends that are all trying to lose weight it is really movtivating! I have been on this site for almost 2 weeks and enjoy it I currently do insanity as a workout and glad to here you are going to hit the gym but remember a get body is made in the kitchen so make sure you log ALL your food and water I take oh you workouts too!! Hope to here from you soon!!
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hi Rebecca and welcome!! You and I are at similar weights (I'm currently 12.13) but 2012 is going to be THE year to finally shift it for good and get both fit & healthy :smile:

If you are looking to build your friend network on this site (and I suggest you do as the people here are GREAT!!) then feel free to add me....good luck! Vx
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I'm from the UK too, and I'm now the weight I was at 18 thanks to using this logging, I too have yo-yo'ed in the past.

It's far superior to WW as you can effortlessly track your nutrients too. It's only lacking the motivation of the scales of shame, but you can make your diary open to your friends if you need people monitoring you.

Add me if you enjoy sarcasm and need no nonsense, stick based encouragement.