Heart Rate Monitors???

Options
I want to get a heart rate monitor but I am not sure what brand. I want one that I could wear all day so I could keep track of my calorie burn for the whole day..... someone please help me out here, I'm a little lost

Replies

• BrittanieGo
    BrittanieGo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have the polar f4 and love it, it's pretty basic but does keep track all day if you want. target has them on clearance in store but they vary in price. its REALLY easy to use the the chest strap is comfy. Good Luck!
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    I have a Polar F6 with chest strap. I love it and you can't even really feel the chest strap when you have it on.
  • lyngordon42
    lyngordon42 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have them same the question - hope you get some good answers. I have been researching a little bit - have looked into the Polar F4, the Polar Ft40- also looked into the Garmin 405cx...Leaning towards the Polar Ft40 or the garmin one (which I could use on my bike, or running by adding some accessories which gives more information, like calories, etc.) good luck!
  • samantha1953
    samantha1953 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I got a fairly inexpensive one and it has all the info on it but the display is small. I can only read the HR while exercising and have to have my reading glasses on with lot's of light to see calories and % of Max. My advice, spend a little more if you can and check that display!!!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    You can't wear HRM's all day.. They are not made for that.

Ones to wear all day are Bodybugg/Bodymedia Fit or Fitbit.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I don't know about wearing it all day but I have a Polar F7 that I got off of Amazon.com that was $80 and that included shipping!! I wore it for 2 hours today to see how many calories I burned chasing my daughter around the children's museum and noone could even tell I was wearing the chest strap....very comfortable too!!!
  • zoogabu
    zoogabu Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just got the New Balance N4 and I'm really happy with it. I didn't want to spend too much on one so I looked at the $50-$70 range ones (with a chest strap) and started looking at the reviews they got. It had really good reviews even from people that had the more expensive ones before. I think it's supper easy to use, you just put your information in, put the chest strap on and it starts showing your heart rate. You press the start/stop button and it starts recording your activity, you press the button again to pause or save your data. The chest strap is pretty comfy too, don't really even feel it.