I'm still in love with my Ex boyfriend

Options
He broke up with me... 6months ago and, Im still not over him... in fact I still love him and I know feelings are still there, but I guess I should just ignore them because he already has a new girlfriend.

We broke up - for multiple reasons honestly, and it was much needed. He was my first boyfriend, my first kiss, my first love and I was his first Girlfriend and love as well. We needed to experience life outside of each other and this time apart has changed me and Ive grown soo much, Im very happy. In the 6 months we've been apart Ive lost 60lbs and I saw him at the gym last monday where he definitly noticed the weight loss, we talked & later that night he even texted me. (i ignored the text though)

Seeing him, chatting and him texting me later, let me know that he still isnt over me either and feelings are still there... BUT he has a girlfriend *sigh*

I guess ill just keep doing me and living life and what will happen will happen right? If hes meant to be in my life he will be... theres nothing for me to do but to move on and continue living... right?

Replies

• AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Ignore his texts. If you're happy without him, don't bother. After my ex & I broke up we got back together after some time, and you know what? The break up was EVEN WORSE the 2nd time around.
    There are only 2 ex's that I'm still "friends" with, but they are all a distant memory. It's been about 20 years. Each decision has led me to where I am today and I've been married 9 years to a man that's in love with me & I'm in love with him, we have 2 kids. We've seen the world together, we've had our ups and downs, but I wouldn't be where I am today looking back at all the relationships I've had in the past. The world is a BIG place, and if he decided to start talking to you because you lost weight, screw him.

don't let the same dog bite 'cha twice...
  • perty09
    perty09 Posts: 58
    Options
    Thanks for your reply... I laughed at the saying in the end... Ill definitly remember it.

Its nice hearing from ppl who have experience because this is all so new to me. Im 22, he was my first boyfriend and we were together for 1.5 years. I wasnt mad at all that he saw me & hit me up later that day...
    even if its just because I lost weight... idk i know when we broke up a big part of it was because of the weight, he had become less attracted to me, and i dont blame him for that. idk... sure its shallow but ppl can be shallow... especially at my young age, he was 20 and I 22...so i dont blame him for it and I think if he were to reenter my life again, Id definitely take it slow.. but id be open to seeing if it could go anywhere... is this a bad idea??

Is ever getting back with an ex a good idea? lol
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Most people will tell you he is an ex for a reason don't go back cause the reasons you broke up before will still be around on the next go. I think honestly it will depend on you individually because everyone has different experiences. I think its a good idea to stay away for now, your feelings are still pretty fresh since its only been a few months, i would continue to work on yourself and do things just for you. Don't hold out and not date if someone new shows you interest because you want to hold out for the ex. Move forward. If it is meant to be it will happen.

My first bf I "thought" I loved dearly we were together for years and he dumped me and I thought it was the end of the world. I finally moved on reluctantly but ended up meeting someone I truly loved with all my heart. I have never spoken to my 1st ever since realizing I really didnt love the 1st guy at all. Of course after 2 years the man I thought was my soulmate broke my heart as well. I moved on again but never stopped loving him. After 3 years I finally decided I was sick of not knowing what could have been, so I woke up one morning and went to email my ex and as I logged into my email there was an email from him staring back at me with the same questions I was going to ask him! We started emailing daily and it was as if we never lost those 3 years. My friends and family said to stay away no good will come I will get my feelings hurt all over. But now 2 years later we are married :D Thats is my experience and not many will share that.

It is normal to wonder "what if?" It will take time to heal from your relationship and if its meant to be it will be. Focus on yourself first and don't jump into anything. I believe you will feel it in your heart if it is right thing for you. :D Hope that helps.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    theres nothing for me to do but to move on and continue living... right?

maybe not....if you want but aint sure...chase...leave no stone unturned....make sure....you have doubts...si? it aint over till its over
  • perty09
    Options
    Most people will tell you he is an ex for a reason don't go back cause the reasons you broke up before will still be around on the next go. I think honestly it will depend on you individually because everyone has different experiences. I think its a good idea to stay away for now, your feelings are still pretty fresh since its only been a few months, i would continue to work on yourself and do things just for you. Don't hold out and not date if someone new shows you interest because you want to hold out for the ex. Move forward. If it is meant to be it will happen.

My first bf I "thought" I loved dearly we were together for years and he dumped me and I thought it was the end of the world. I finally moved on reluctantly but ended up meeting someone I truly loved with all my heart. I have never spoken to my 1st ever since realizing I really didnt love the 1st guy at all. Of course after 2 years the man I thought was my soulmate broke my heart as well. I moved on again but never stopped loving him. After 3 years I finally decided I was sick of not knowing what could have been, so I woke up one morning and went to email my ex and as I logged into my email there was an email from him staring back at me with the same questions I was going to ask him! We started emailing daily and it was as if we never lost those 3 years. My friends and family said to stay away no good will come I will get my feelings hurt all over. But now 2 years later we are married :D Thats is my experience and not many will share that.

It is normal to wonder "what if?" It will take time to heal from your relationship and if its meant to be it will be. Focus on yourself first and don't jump into anything. I believe you will feel it in your heart if it is right thing for you. :D Hope that helps.

definitely helped :)
    thank you so much! haha i totally plan to keep doing me and move on... thats all i need to do. if he pops back in & feelings are still there then maybe we will be together again but theres no way in hell id just sit and wait around for it. You're right and theres someone out there for me, Im sure I will find someone better... its just i dont think there is anyone better for me than him lol

but im so inexperienced & so im sure life will prove me wrong.
  • michelefloyd
    Options
    Don't respond to his texts for a while. He needs time to think over what he's missing. If it's you, then great. If not, then you're that much closer to breaking away and making yourself available for the real Mr Right.
  • perty09
    Options

maybe not....if you want but aint sure...chase...leave no stone unturned....make sure....you have doubts...si? it aint over till its over

haha yeah i see what youre saying... but he left me, i was the one dumped.. so at the very least, i think he should be the one to chase me and get me back
  • eksb
    eksb Posts: 93
    Options
    I married my ex boyfriend. However, you mentioned your weight gain was a reason he broke up with you. Red flag! What happens if you gain again? Get pregnant? Old? Sick? Is it okay if he decides he's isn't attracted to you again? Be careful.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    Don't respond to his texts for a while. He needs time to think over what he's missing. If it's you, then great. If not, then you're that much closer to breaking away and making yourself available for the real Mr Right.

NO to give him time...time for what?......if you want...go get....life is short...if yopu want him or it or something...either just go get it...or forget it
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Is ever getting back with an ex a good idea? lol

No. And I've "gotten back together" in various degrees with a few of my ex-bfs (obviously not at the same time, so quiet in the peanut gallery :P), therefore -- IMHO -- this is worth repeating ... NO. Especially since the break-up was HIS idea.

I had my heart broken for the first time when I was 16. I broke up with my first bf when I was 19. I've had several relationships since, each one better than the last (for the most part). I've hit my 30s and have gotten a LOT pickier and (hopefully) wiser. I'm with someone now that makes life blissfully easy, whom I never would've met if I'd gotten hung up on someone else in my past.

*kitten* happens. Give him up and move on, there are plenty more people for you to meet.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

haha yeah i see what youre saying... but he left me, i was the one dumped.. so at the very least, i think he should be the one to chase me and get me back

if it is pride that is preventing you from following your heart....screw pride...lot of prideful peeps cryin tonight....always always follow your heart...put aside pride...what do you want? focus...go get
  • michelefloyd
    Options
    But he broke up with her, not the other way around. He shouldn't be texting her when he has a girlfriend, right? So going back to what I'm saying... he needs time (even if he wouldn't agree) to think over WHO he wants. If she jumps right back on the hook, he'll sit there and think he's got it made - two women.

I say, oh no you don't!
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options

yes, let him chase you... let him eat his heart out for leaving you mwahahaha ;)
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    bottom line is this...you say...still in love....there is doubt.....never end anything with ..."what if?" I say if you really love him...put it in his face....no games...no texts...no calls....no emails....face to face...go forward or not...but never end anything with doubt or "giving him time"
  • perty09
    Options
    But he broke up with her, not the other way around. He shouldn't be texting her when he has a girlfriend, right? So going back to what I'm saying... he needs time (even if he wouldn't agree) to think over WHO he wants. If she jumps right back on the hook, he'll sit there and think he's got it made - two women.

I say, oh no you don't!
    amen!!!
    you are wise beyond your years lol

even tho i dont know how old you are lol
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Why not concentrate on yourself and loosing weight????????????
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    He broke up with me... 6months ago and, Im still not over him... in fact I still love him and I know feelings are still there, but I guess I should just ignore them because he already has a new girlfriend.

We broke up - for multiple reasons honestly, and it was much needed. He was my first boyfriend, my first kiss, my first love and I was his first Girlfriend and love as well. We needed to experience life outside of each other and this time apart has changed me and Ive grown soo much, Im very happy. In the 6 months we've been apart Ive lost 60lbs and I saw him at the gym last monday where he definitly noticed the weight loss, we talked & later that night he even texted me. (i ignored the text though)

Seeing him, chatting and him texting me later, let me know that he still isnt over me either and feelings are still there... BUT he has a girlfriend *sigh*

I guess ill just keep doing me and living life and what will happen will happen right? If hes meant to be in my life he will be... theres nothing for me to do but to move on and continue living... right?

He texted you and said that even though he has a girlfriend? Sounds like a bit of a douche.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be"mean" but girl get a grip...you are your best friend.
  • perty09
    Options
    [/quote]

yes, let him chase you... let him eat his heart out for leaving you mwahahaha ;)
    [/quote]

lol exactly what im doing
    seeing him at the gym 60lbs lighter and having him text me later was a huge ego boost. i felt like "heck yah.... hes gonna know he made a mistake letting me go!!" lol
  • perty09
    Options
    Why not concentrate on yourself and loosing weight????????????

that is what im doing

its just running into him last week and having him text me has put him on my mind... im trying to push him back out tho and just focus on me :)