Ring

Options
Kimmer2011
Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
My wedding ring is getting too big. It isn't ready to fall off yet, but it's quite loose. I don't want to get it resized right now--any suggestions on how I can keep it securely on my finger?

Replies

• healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem, will be interested to see what others have done about this.
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    Most jewelry stores carry ring sizers, or ring wraps, or ring spacers. There are several different names for them. They are usually clear and plastic and attach to the inside of the ring.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    wal mart you can get these little plastic ring sizers,i think they are like 2 bucks
  • Kimmer2011
    Options
    I thought there must be SOMETHING like that. When I asked my neighbor who works at a jewelry store, she said something about 14K, but I really would rather have something cheaper. OK, I'll check those out, thanks!
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I would go with the sizers from the jewelry store. I tried the ones from Walmart, and it really feels weird on your finger but it's because of the big plastic that's right on the ring just under your finger all the time. I've tried the ones from the Jewelry store and those feel better, less noticable.
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    The metal sizers can scratch your ring. One of the best ways to adjust it is with yarn. Just wrap it around the back of your ring as many times as needed.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    If you can't get out right away for a ring wrap, but a band-aid around it.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Fishing line.
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing mine on my middle finger for quite a while.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    A chain, wear it around your neck so you don't have to get it resized so often, fishing line also works, a woman posted a thread about it awhile ago.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing mine on my middle finger for quite a while.

Same here! I figure that will hold me for awhile.
  • monet13
    monet13 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting for mine to fit!! I was fairly thin when I got married and I haven't been able to wear it for 15years or so - was too stubborn to get it re-sized, I said it would fit again someday - hopefully soon!!
  • Kimmer2011
    Options
    My middle finger! Holy cow, that works perfectly! It's odd for me to look at, but better than worrying about losing it!

It took me quite a while to get to the point where I could jam it on my finger, and longer still when it was comfortable. I'm so happy that I can wear it again!