2012 with Jillian

Options
Many of us did the 30DS through the holidays. I wanted to start a thread for many of us who are wanting to stick with Jillian in 2012. You don't have to be doing one particular video, any of her workouts are great. I just wanted to have a place for all of us to get motivation and support. I got to L2D7 of the shred and now that the new year is right around the corner I have decided to change things up a little bit. I suffer from boredom sometimes so tonight I did RI30 for the 2nd time this week. I have decided that I'm going to do a little of both videos for the next month. It will keep me from getting bored, plus her RI30 is a killer workout. So, anyone who needs motivation/support, here is a place that we can check in with our progress and our fitness plans. If anyone wants to add me as a friend I will do my absolute best to give the best motivation that I can. Let's make 2012 our year, with some help from Jillian.

Replies

• juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I did 6 Week 6 Pack today and Level 1 of the Shred. Tomorrow I'm going to try RI30 and based on what you said, I'm excited! 6 Week 6 Pack is not a lot of jumping around and my knees are thankful. My legs are so sore right now...not sure what I was thinking when I decided to do the shred too. Once I'm motivated, I really go for it - its just getting there.
  • shortjules
    shortjules Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Good job lady!!!!! Way to get back at it after vacation...I think I like the idea of changing things up because not only does it keep us from getting bored, but it will also make sure our bodies can't get used to the same workout over and over. This is definitely going to be our year.
    I did 6 Week 6 Pack today and Level 1 of the Shred. Tomorrow I'm going to try RI30 and based on what you said, I'm excited! 6 Week 6 Pack is not a lot of jumping around and my knees are thankful. My legs are so sore right now...not sure what I was thinking when I decided to do the shred too. Once I'm motivated, I really go for it - its just getting there.
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    You're on! I started a schedule from JM's site a few days ago that combines 30DS, NMTZ and BFBM. Total killer! :laugh:
  • jvinmill
    jvinmill Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Awesome Jules! Glad to see you sticking to it!! Good luck to those of you continuing with your shred. It was a pleasure shredding through the holidays with you.
  • ItsJustK
    ItsJustK Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    6 week 6 pack is not bad on the knees? Sometimes the shred really does something to mine... Is 6W6P all about the abs or is it other areas too?
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I like the idea of this thread! I just tried Shed and Shred for the first time today, and prior to that had restarted 30DS. I also have and rotate Ripped, NMTZ and BFBM. Yoga Meltdown and Shredded with Weights I've looked at, but haven't been too into trying (so if anyone has them and has an opinion let me know :) ).
  • shortjules
    Options
    Thanks...your forum was just an inspiration to me this past month...I just wanted to keep it going. Keep on with Jillian with us....we can all do it. And to the newcomers, I know all of us who have been shredding thru the holidays are awesome at giving support. It's a good group of people to have on your friends list. I have friended each of you that are new to the threads. JVMill you are awesome and thank you for showing me Jillian, I think I'm hooked. I love her workouts. I just did RI30 tonight plus a little extra cardio. I'm thinking I'm going to do 30DS Level 3 tomorrow.
    Awesome Jules! Glad to see you sticking to it!! Good luck to those of you continuing with your shred. It was a pleasure shredding through the holidays with you.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of JM videos that I will be doing more often since I can't run as much as I'd like to right now due to snow.

I mix it up between 30DS, RI30, NMTZ, BFBM, KB&T, 6W6P, and I just got Extreme Shed and Shred.
  • shortjules
    Options
    I have a bunch of JM videos that I will be doing more often since I can't run as much as I'd like to right now due to snow.

I mix it up between 30DS, RI30, NMTZ, BFBM, KB&T, 6W6P, and I just got Extreme Shed and Shred.

Welcome to the thread. Just keep us all updated on how/what you are doing.
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I am doing D9L2 of 30DS tomorrow. Would love to be part of this group. My plan is to work through the JM dvds in 2012. I really love the Shred, and have a bunch more in line waiting their turn.
    Here is to an awesome year! Feel free to add me.
  • shortjules
    Options
    bfjmade...I just added you. Welcome to the group.
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    bfjmade...I just added you. Welcome to the group.
    Thanks so much!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm starting the year out (1-2 months) will Jillian. I am combining 6W6P, Shred it with Weights, and Ripped in 30 along with some other cardio. I have already done all of Chalene Johnson's workouts (love her!), but I need something different to finally get me through my plateau. I'll do my best to at least post here even if I don't always respond. Busy, busy!
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    There are a few Jillian Michaels related groups, but why dont start a new one, called Jillian 2012? Makes it easier, the group makes it possible to have several threads.

I did a schedule where i combine Killer buns, No more trouble zones and Ab ripper x, will be doing it the next two months.
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    will be right there with you :) Going through lvl 1, 2 and 3 untill februar, and then will see if I start it aaaall again after a trip I'm taking - probably because I like it, in a masochist way :P
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I might restart Shred or buy a new one after this first week (going on the truck with hubby this week), not sure what exactly but I AM starting one of them next Monday.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    There are a few Jillian Michaels related groups, but why dont start a new one, called Jillian 2012? Makes it easier, the group makes it possible to have several threads.

I did a schedule where i combine Killer buns, No more trouble zones and Ab ripper x, will be doing it the next two months.
    Sounds good!

For those who've done RI30, what weights did you use? I used 5 lbs with 30DS. Should I just use the same?
  • LaMaMiK77
    Options
    On 1/2/12 I am starting Extreme shed shred and 6 week 6 pack Jillian michaels DVDs and some cardio at the gym! :smile:
  • curlygirlcami
    curlygirlcami Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! Thanks for starting this thread. I just bought two more of her workouts with my Target gift card I had gotten from Christmas. Can't wait to see how it goes! I am going to start with Ripped in 30 TODAY!
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    6 week 6 pack is not bad on the knees? Sometimes the shred really does something to mine... Is 6W6P all about the abs or is it other areas too?

There is a lot less jumping around so it is not nearly as rough on the knees as 30DS. There is one side plank move I couldn't figure out and when I tried, I felt like it could hurt my knee so I just substituted the side plank raises from L3 of the shred. It isn't just abs but the focus is definitely there. Like the shred, she mixes in full body moment and cardio. it goes by pretty quickly (its 30 minutes) and I think it makes a great add on to another video like the shred - if only to give your knees some rest days.