Bread

Options
2»

Replies

• purseus
    purseus Posts: 54
    Options
    What is a healthy bread that one can eat with say penutbutter, or tuna salad?

I would say Dave's killer bread its all organic its good for everything
  • Nicoleo1
    Nicoleo1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    In Canada we have a brand of bread called "Silver Hills". It is high in fiber so a really great healthy choice. The one called "Steady Eddie" is the one that's the best for you. It's made from sprouted grains and instead of activating the yeast with sugar it's activated with apple. It's a bit pricey, but it is extremely filling. ($3.50 - $4 Canadian per loaf, but it lasts a couple of weeks (int he freezer) in my house) I cannot finish 2 pieces in one meal and I have a hearty appetite. There is also another flavor "Little Big Bread", same brand, same price high fiber and thinner slices.
    My favorite alternative that I used before I discovered Siver HIlls was the Weight Watchers Multigrain.
    Also, if you are looking for ways to get mroe nutritional value from your sammies, for instance with your Tuna salad sandwich, you could try using half the mayo and subbing plain greek yogurt. I've been able to switch to no mayo and just the yogurt, a squeeze of lemon, a little bit of salt and pepper... this from a former mayo-addict. And you could always try almond butter sometimes for an even heathier alternative to peanut butter.
  • vitaminn
    vitaminn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    so many choices...so many good breads. ;)

I stick to Ezekiel or Sprouted (by Alvarado St. Bakery)

Most important, i learned after listening to Jillian's latest podcast, is that it needs to be Whole Grain and not just Multi-Grain.

Multi-Grain doesn't mean its always Whole Grain...follow? hehe